BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,791 through 8,800 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Issue with pages #323867
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robyn

    Great to hear that fixed it for you!

    in reply to: Birthdays today shows more days #323866
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Koen

    I see. For some reason it seems the entries for the next day, the 22nd, are showing too.

    I would need admin access to the site to debug why that would be as I can not duplicate the issue.

    in reply to: 500 error and No Connections Menu #323864
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dave

    Best guess is there’s something configured very differently between the two site in the .htaccess and or php.ini file. Honestly, I can’t even begin to guess what the issue may be.

    Are you sure you’re using the same PHP version between the two sites? I know I can configure which version on a per site basis.

    Any reason you’re using the ancient version of PHP? The oldest I can even test with and the version I do the dev work on is 5.2.17. I can’t see how that would make a difference… but it is PHP so it could be the issue.

    Have you checked the PHP error logs? They may reveal more details that could be helpful?

    in reply to: Troube with photo cropping and font size #323863
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Russell

    re: How do I change the font size for the name and the bio text?

    You can do that with CSS. As an example, add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-overlay .fn,
    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-name .fn {
      font-size: 12px !important;
    }
    
    #cn-gridder .cn-gridder-excerpt p {
      font-size: 10px !important;
    }
    

    re: How do I change the number of contacts per per row?
    You can not. That is defined by the page content width of the theme. This is to allow it to be responsive theme friendly. As the page width becomes smaller, less will be shown per row.

    re: Lastly, I specified for the image to not be cropped, reuploaded for my contacts, but it still seems to be cropping the image.
    Gridder creates custom images on demand as needed which will default to being cropped. The image settings do not affect the grid images. See the Configuring the Grid section on the doc page for more details. That said… after you click thu to view the profile page, the Large image settings apply to that image. See the Configuring the Profile Page section on doc page for more details

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: chosen.js options #323862
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Linda

    This was released a few weeks ago. It is the Custom Category Order extension. Sound like it do exactly what you’re asking.

    As for hiding “Uncategorized”, if it an empty category and you’re using one of the available commercial template sold here you can add show_empty_categories='false' to the shortcode to hide it.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Issue with pages #323802
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robyn

    Ok, there’s really only one reason that happens. There’s an image so large that it causes PHP to run out of memory when Connections tries to create a cached thumbnail of the image. Previous version of Connections used a third party library to do image scaling “outside” of WordPress. Now Connections uses WordPress functions, these come with a bit more overhead which is why it worked before and does not now. I help prevent this from happening… on the initial upload Connections will scaled large images down so when thumbs need to be created it will not be an issue (hopefully).

    That said…

    The solution, log into your server with FTP download the images for entries that being with “T” found in this path:
    ../wp-content/uploads/connections-images/{entry-slug}/

    Resize any large images to be smaller and upload them overwriting the large versions on the server. Important! Keep the same name.

    My experience with the couple others who ran into this it was only an image or two that needed fixed.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Categories not getting added #323756
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Daniel

    FTP and WP admin access details can be sent via the contact link at the bottom of the page. Please paste a link to this forum thread so I can relate the two. Thanks!

    in reply to: CATEGORY LISTING SORT, TRANSLATION NAMES, COLOURS #323755
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    Antonio

    Can you please visit this link?
    https://github.com/Connections-Business-Directory/Connections/commit/9cdebfbebcefb30c5a3df6fff5259ce2bd409bcd

    I added the notranslate class to the places you mention, including the contact name. The link will show the places where I made the change. Can you please confirm that is what is needed to prevent Google Translate from translating those strings?

    in reply to: Birthdays today shows more days #323674
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Koen

    re: This isn’t a configurable widget, isn’t?
    Not yet, in Widget Pack 2.0 it’ll be very configurable.

    in reply to: delete css #323667
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ dominic

    The best way to handle this… see this QuickTip.

    If you already have made the changes you should just be able to drag the names folder from the templates folder in Connections to the plugins folder and activate it on the plugins admin page and you should be all set.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,791 through 8,800 (of 15,332 total)