BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,801 through 8,810 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Creating Default Object from empty value #323665
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mark

    Yeah… that pretty older, about 3 years’ish. I’m far better PHP dev now-a-days.

    in reply to: Custom fields in cards #323664
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    Thanks!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Redirect after filling out profile #323663
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chris

    Here’s the path:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-form/js/

    in reply to: sub-accounts #323662
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ eliana

    I’m sorry, I really do not understand. Could you provide more detail?

    in reply to: Search Bar #323661
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Doug

    Search is only included in many of the commercial templates sold here, not with the free core templates which come with Connections. Same with pagination.

    Seeing you directory has a lot of entries, you’re going to want a template which supports pagination.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Issue with pages #323660
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robyn

    Yes, that looks about right… progressive pagination, you see this style of pagination all over the web. This is a built in WordPress function that being used to create the pagination control where the number of pages before and after the current page AND/OR the first two and last two pages depending on what the current page being view is. This can be defined to show in addition to the next and previous page control. I chose to configure it to show 2 pages on either side of the current page AND the first two and last two pages. Pages outside of the rule show as ... which signifies more. I’m sure you’re quite familiar weeing that notation as its used just about everywhere.

    Any way if you followed that…

    You have six pages which the forth page happens to be the only page which is not the first and last two pages when on the first page. Visit the last page, The third page will not be ...

    If I still have you lost, here’s an example… if you have 7 pages you would see when on the first page:

    1,2,3 … 6,7 >>

    when on the last page:

    << 1, 2 … 5, 6, 7

    Hopefully the illustrations help.

    in reply to: Custom fields in cards #323609
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ boerup

    Here, I just added a Quicktip that steps thru it :)

    http://connections-pro.com/2015/03/19/quicktip-csv-import-custom-meta-fields/

    in reply to: Removing Custom Fields Headline #323554
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    Using CSS is the easiest. Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    .cn-entry-content-block-meta h3 {
      display: none;
    }
    

    That should do it.

    in reply to: Radius Search by Zip Code #323553
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Antonio

    This new extension is under heavy development. At this point I can not specify when, just as soon as possible. It will be a plugin and play type of extension, there will be nothing to “program” in. Hope this answers your question.

    in reply to: Creating Default Object from empty value #323551
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mark

    First and foremost… it is best practice to always suppress PHP warning on a production/live site. I recommend reading this post for more details on how to suppress PHP errors and notices:

    http://aristeides.com/blog/wp-hide-php-errors/

    I can tell by this line, /wp-content/connections_templates/cmap/meta.php on line 2, that you are running a pretty old version of cMap. You should consider updating it.

    But before you can update cMap…

    Best guess is that you’re also running an older version of Connections too, judging that from this line, /wp-content/plugins/connections/connections.php:1004. There’s nothing on that line in any recent version that would cause that type of error.

    Which version are you running, out of curiosity?

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,801 through 8,810 (of 15,332 total)