BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,101 through 8,110 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: contact button within listing #338121
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Vito

    Sorry, but there is no log kept of email sent to entries using Contact. Logging is on the todo list since it has been requested a few times but there in no ETA for such a feature.

    What could be done is you could bcc yourself by adding a filter. Something like this should work.

    Install the Code Snippets plugin.

    Add a new snippet with the following code:

    add_filter( 'cn_email_bcc', 'cn_contact_bcc' );
    
    function cn_contact_bcc( $bcc ) {
     return $bcc[] = array( 'name' => 'Your Name', 'email' => 'your-name@email.com' );
    }
    

    Save and activate the new snippet.

    in reply to: User Management #338120
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ryan

    Actually would not use Connections at all for user management. The Login extension was created primarily for those “needed” one for Connections. All it is a simple shortcode/widget that displays the standard WordPress login form. You could use any one of the dozens of available plugins that do the same thing.

    So, for user registration you would use Register Plus Redux (or similar plugin [there are many options available]). With that the user will be able to create their own account with their own password that they could change at any time.

    Since you need a private directory… go to the Connections : Settings admin page and enable the require to login view option under the General tab. Then under the Connections : Roles admin page define what capabilities the user role of the users can have. For example, the default standard WP user is a “Subscriber”, so on the Connections : Roles admin page you would need to give the “Subscriber” role at least the “View Public” capability.

    That’s the minimum required.

    One thing you did not say if if that user is to have their own entry in the directory and/or the ability to add/edit it. If you do, then you need at least the Link extension. If you prefer the user not make changes using the Connections admin profile page and want them to stay in the frontend, then you would need the Form extension too.

    Hope that answers you question clearly!

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #338119
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ eseone

    Ok, I see… I had to add the following fields (in addition to the existing fields) to list view so it would work for you:

    • Phone: Home Number. (Preferred or first only.)
    • Phone: Home Fax Number. (Preferred or first only.)
    • Phone: Mobile Number. (Preferred or first only.)
    • Phone: Work Number. (Preferred or first only.)
    • Phone: Work Fax Number. (Preferred or first only.)
    in reply to: updating version wordpress #338111
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ dudit

    My guess based on the blank page (white screen of death) that you are getting is one of two things. The first is not very likely; duplicate PHP function names or a missing required function. The second, the memory assigned to PHP is being exhausted. I suggest trying to increase that memory allocation. Here’s an excellent article that outlines how to do this. Which method will work will depend on your web host. I suggest starting at the top on working you way down.

    All known plugin and theme conflicts can be found on this page. AS far as I know, Avanda and Connections work just fine together as I have helped others using that theme and there was no conflicts with it in their setup.

    Let me know if that helps.

    in reply to: Probems after updating to Connection Pro Ver 8.2.9 #338109
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ray

    Ok, I figured it out. The double-quotes (") were saved slashed in the db. In 8.2.9, that unslashing is done before saving to the db (amongst other things that greatly improve performance). I had to add another filter, for backward compatibility, that would unslash them when being read from the db. The next update will include this tweak.

    Another difference between 8.2.8 and 8.2.9 is that the wpautp() was being run directly on the bio/notes content rather than using a filter in 8.2.9. It seems doing it this way, strips out “extra” <br /> tags that you have in the bio field. Since I’m trying to bring these fields into alignment with the WP page/post content for consistency, I’m not going to revert this change. I do not expect this to cause others any issues… That said, since this is added as a filter, what I did was install the Code Snippets plugin and added a new snippet which removes the wpautop filter.

    With these two changes in place the bio/notes output is consistent between 8.2.8 and 8.2.9.

    Apologies for the trouble.

    in reply to: Site is not working after update #338106
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dennis

    I’m going to lose this thread in favor of this one:
    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/connections-crashes-with-jetpack-plugin/

    in reply to: Probems after updating to Connection Pro Ver 8.2.9 #338063
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ray

    I just tried to login and I get the error that the account has not yet been activated. I’m guessing you need to activate the account for me.

    If you want, yes you can revert back to 8.2.8 and I can install 8.2.9 and debug on Monday AM.

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #338051
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ eseone

    Looks like the List View template would nearly meet your needs… I think.

    How is the Direct Line and Extension captured in the remapped fields, meaning what were the original fields.

    I’m guessing the Mobile Number is simply the cell number, correct? If that is the case, I would need to add that as a field option in the List View.

    in reply to: how to make a mini site of a single business? #338050
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mark

    Not sure I fully understand the question. Maybe if you share a link to you page that will better help me understand.

    What I can tell you… the links above, that site is using the cMap template. The various template available here change the layout and style of the directory much like themes for WordPress.

    in reply to: Probems after updating to Connection Pro Ver 8.2.9 #338049
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ray

    The bio and notes fields did go under a complete overhaul in order to support oEmbed. Basically they are much more inline to how WP sanitizes and escapes page.post content.

    Thanks said…

    I looked at the code again, before and after the change and I can not figure out why the " are being slashed.

    What I need is a temp admin account so I can log in and debug to locate the exact point that the slashes are being added. Once I know that, fixing it will be trivial.

    My best guess at the moment is that HTML was saved slaed in the db in but that does not make sense because it wasn’t being unleashed in 8.2.8 and older.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,101 through 8,110 (of 15,332 total)