Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ eseone
Ahhh, yes sorry. the text domain would be
connections_list_view.Sorry about the bug. I believe I have fixed it. Delete the version you have installed and download and install it again. The new download should have the bug fixed.
Otherwise, is it working well for your needs?
06/23/2015 at 3:52 pm in reply to: After upgrade to 8.2.9, all logos/images missing, errors in editor #338250Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Danielle
Great to hear you figured it out! I was away from my desk when I received this and my first thought was you should have received this error in 8.2.8 too. Switching to a VPS that didn’t have GD installed make sense as to why you would receive this error message.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ ian1119
No Pods will not work for this because Connections does not use a custom post type (CPT) to store its data. Two reasons. The first is that Connections is older than the CPT feature. The second is that Connections uses a db schema optimized for directories. The CPT schema is optimized for post like data. Granted other direct plugins do do use a CPT. There’s trade offs and benefits for either method.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ James
re: Please can someone provide some insight on this. I would think this paid plugin would have offered this. I just want to have a few fields, a couple plain text & a couple with options, that directory members can fill out on their profile. I am completely shocked that this isn’t available.
Actually Connections is a free plugin. Also I am not sure why you would be shocked that a feature does not exist when there is no claim that it does exist outside mentions of an API and references to other extension that use that API which can be used as reference on how to add a custom field in these support forums.
re: I also need to know how to add a custom text fields.
I just posted a new QuickTip oh how to add a simple text field.
You can follow those instructions to add what you need. You mention the need for multiple text fields. The QuickTip only covers adding a single one. This can be very easily changed. This section of code in the QuickTip:
$atts = array( 'title' => 'Metabox Name', // Change this to a name which applies to your project. 'id' => 'custom_one', // Change this so it is unique to you project. 'context' => 'normal', 'priority' => 'core', 'fields' => array( array( 'name' => 'Field Name', // Change this field name to something which applies to you project. 'show_label' => TRUE, // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name. 'id' => 'field_id', // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique. 'type' => 'text', // This is the field type being added. 'size' => 'regular', // This can be changed to one of the following: 'small', 'regular', 'large' ), ), );Here’s how it can be tweaked to add three text fields:
$atts = array( 'title' => 'Metabox Name', // Change this to a name which applies to your project. 'id' => 'custom_one', // Change this so it is unique to you project. 'context' => 'normal', 'priority' => 'core', 'fields' => array( array( 'name' => 'Field Name One', // Change this field name to something which applies to you project. 'show_label' => TRUE, // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name. 'id' => 'field_id_1', // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique. 'type' => 'text', // This is the field type being added. 'size' => 'regular', // This can be changed to one of the following: 'small', 'regular', 'large' ), array( 'name' => 'Field Name Two', // Change this field name to something which applies to you project. 'show_label' => TRUE, // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name. 'id' => 'field_id_2', // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique. 'type' => 'text', // This is the field type being added. 'size' => 'regular', // This can be changed to one of the following: 'small', 'regular', 'large' ), array( 'name' => 'Field Name Three', // Change this field name to something which applies to you project. 'show_label' => TRUE, // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name. 'id' => 'field_id_3', // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique. 'type' => 'text', // This is the field type being added. 'size' => 'regular', // This can be changed to one of the following: 'small', 'regular', 'large' ), ), );As you see, you duplicate the one section over and over the amount of fields that you need.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Ryan
re: I simply need instructions on how to create ONE additional field. Does that exist???
I just wrote and published a new QuickTip that walks thru how to add a simple text field. This should give you everything you need to add what you need.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ eseone
Clicking the Print button does bring up a print view which shows just the table, you would then use the standard browser print to print that page.
As for condensing it in two columns, sorry no, not possible. That said… My HP OfficeJet printer has an option when printing to print two pages on one sheet. Perhaps you printer does too?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ eseone
The product page is here:
http://connections-pro.com/add-on/list-view/
There’s nothing on it yet as that part is still a work in progress but you can buy it now and still get all the updates like normal.
I attached a couple screenshot from my test db showing the fields you need. My test db doesn’t have all that data so most of it is blanks but it’ll give you an idea. The other is of the settings.
Installation is like any other plugin. The settings can be found on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Display tb.
I plan on adding more field options as they are requested as I’m not really sure exactly what users will want. Basically I’m just going to add them on demand since they are so easy to add.
Since you renamed the fields in the template, you will need to use the Say What plugin to rename the column headers. Example:
Old string: Home Phone
Text domain: connection_list_view
New string: Work PhoneIf you decide to try it, please let me know what you think.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.06/23/2015 at 9:27 am in reply to: Remove organization and department fields from name section #338183Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ ravikant
This thread covers how to hide many of the fields… which ones specifically do you wish to hide?
What validations? There’s only one. The entry must have a name. First and last if an individual or an Org name if an organization. Everything else is optional.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Alex
You can disable the pagination by using this shortcode:
[connections enable_pagination='false']Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Mary
re: So first, I’m not sure where the file that is the main plugin “Connections” is found?
Connections is here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/connections/
You can install if from the Add New Plugin admin page. Step one on the QuickStart doc page is the easy way to install it.
re: I won’t renew a Pro license again if I have to buy the CSV each time, it doesn’t seem very economical to have all those templates. And once I have used the CSV to upload a group of files, can I disassociate it from a site and use it on another?
Since all templates and extension are GPL licensed I can not dictate where you install and how often. What the support licenses grant you is support and updates (including compatibility/security updates) for a single site. For example, say you installed Gridder on three of your client sites. Only the site that has the support license if is activated on will receive updates. As for economical you have to determine if there is value to your client that they receive updates and build that cost into you support contracts. That’s not really anything I can help you decide. I can tell you, generally, other will purchase a license for each site that they develop for a client pretty much for the reasons I just stated.
Hope that helps!
-
AuthorPosts
