BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,081 through 8,090 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Shortcodes for the following #338397
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ravinder

    re: Search form, to have a specific to search based on the field setup in settings.

    There is no shortcode to display the search form. That said, what can be done since you have the Pro Pack. The Widget Pack once installed will add a search widget. If you add the Search widget to the Connections Widget Shortcodes sidebar. After configuring it and clicking the Save button you will be given a shortcode that you can use one a page.

    re: How to make sure that the user profile on my site is one, means same for connection and same for wordpress site.

    The Connections entry and the user profile data are completely separate and can not be combined on the same page. However, user the Link extension the two can be linked so the user can edit “their” own entry. Most users of Connections simple use the Connections admin profile page added by Link as the profile page. There is no shortcode for this as it exists in the admin just like the WP User Profile page.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Login short code not workin #338395
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ravinder

    re: Login short code is not working

    Can you define “not working”? Where are you adding it that it does not work?

    re: the widget of login is not showing up after adding to sidebar..

    Are you still logged in? It will not show anything if you are logged in?

    in reply to: Display connection list format #338394
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ravinder

    In the next week or so I will be releasing a new template/extension that adds a list view. You can read more about it in this thread. I haven’t added the photo field so that would need to be added to meet your requirements. I’ll try to have that added before I release it.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Add my own filed in Forms #338393
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    re: These extentions do not have my own alternativ to write in?

    No, these are only examples of custom fields. As I said, there is no click and play interface to add them. Inspecting the code of the plugins listed above explains how to do it. Just yesterday I added a new post on how to add a simple text custom field. That may be of help even if you do not know PHP.

    Again, I do provide custom development services.

    re: I can translate them into some other words but how do I deleat those alternativ I don´t want do be displayed?

    Sorry, I do not understand.

    re: Now, when I use Business Hour, I see that it take place under the logo and it makes the “vcard” much higher than the others.
    So – Business Hour would be much nicer if it can take place in “show more”-area.
    Is that possible?

    Again, yes this would be possible but would require editing the PHP of the card.php file. Since you do not know PHP you will need a developer to create a custom solution for you.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Logo being cropped #338392
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Luke

    Well, if the template is unaltered and that is the exact shortcode you are using then the logo size should be the size set in for the Logo on the Connections : Settings under the Images tab for both the list and entry profile page. I will need a temp admin login so I could investigate further. You can send the login details via the Contact link at the bottom of the page. PLease paste a link to this forum thread so I can relate the two. Thanks!

    in reply to: conflict with tabs in bio #338276
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    re: In your opinion, would there be a better/easier/smarter way to resolve this conflict from HIS side?

    Really, I can’t see how he could fix it from his side. Honestly, my javascript skill level is only a tad above beginner. I’m just pretty good at debugging.

    I’m certain the fix I gave will work though as I used an app called Fiddler. Using that app, I can tell it to monitor my net traffic and if it “sees” a specific file, respond with a defined file. Basically this lets me “hot swap” my local copy of a file in place of a file served from the server. Kind of letting edit a javascript file on your page without actually editing the “real” file. Doing that I was able to muck around with slick until I found the right combination of commands to make it “refresh” when the bio is opened.

    re: Also, confirming this is not ‘upgrade-proof’? Upon any new cMap update I would need to do this again, correct?

    Correct, not update proof… but if you drop the modified js file in this path instead of overwriting the original is should override the original and be update proof:

    ../wp-content/uploads/connections-templates/cmap/

    You would have to create the folder because it will not exist.

    The only problem here is if I update cMap and the JS also requires update to work it’ll never get loaded because of the override file.

    re: Lastly, I have a general question. So when I delete the cmap.min.js file, and make changes to the cmap.js file, does the “system” automatically regenerate a minified file of .js?

    Nope, it will not get automatically regenerate. Connections simply looks to see if it there and if it is loads it instead of the unminified version. Actually if there is neither file Connections will not try to load either one.

    in reply to: conflict with tabs in bio #338273
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    I see the issue… first, I’m sure you noticed that if you click thru to view the detail page the Global Gallery works just fine too. So, it is actually working just fine with Connections.

    So what’s the issue you ask…

    Well, because the bio field is hidden until clicked the width of that area is 0 (zero). When Global Gallery goes to render the gallery, it is based on that 0 width so you get that wonky layout.

    Now, try this. refresh the page, open the bio, now simply resize the window. Any size, it doesn’t matter. Boom, since the Global Gallery is responsive the window resize triggers Global Gallery to resize the gallery on the width which is something not 0. And it is not 0 because the bio was open when you resized the window.

    Now that we know the issue, what is the solution…

    The specific gallery slider you are using thru Global Gallery is slick carousel.

    The Global Gallery author is init’ing carousel thru jQuery on the document ready event. The javascript code is output inline right after the html for the carousel.

    The trick would be to refresh the carousel after the bio link is opened. Perhaps adding this:

    $('.gg_carousel_wrap').slick('slickSetOption', 'slidesToShow', 5, false); $('.gg_carousel_wrap').slick('slickSetOption', 'slidesToScroll', 5, true);
    

    to cMap would force all instances of slick to refresh its positioning.

    Delete the cmap.min.js file so Connections will not try to load it. The add the above line after this line:

    $( '#' + div ).slideDown();
    

    in the `cmap.js’ file.

    It is very likely you’ll have to force refresh the browser so the updated file is downloaded by the browser.

    That should fix it.

    PS. if you change the settings in Global Gallery of how many slides to show and how many slides to scroll (assuming those options exist), you’ll have to update the value in cmap.js to match.

    in reply to: conflict with tabs in bio #338267
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    Can you point me to a page and entry where you are experiencing the conflict?

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #338262
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ eseone

    Crap! It won’t “pull in” the data for the other phone numbers. I ran into the same issue with testing the new fields. There a bug with retrieving phone numbers I had to fix in Connections. Something I fixed and forgot that I fixed. I’m planning to release the bug fix this weekend. I can send you an an advanced copy via email tonight f you wish. I still have other items I’m going to work on between now and then, but what I do have done is stable to use.

    in reply to: custom fields? #338260
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ James

    Adding a checkbox is only mildly more difficult. Here’s the code that to add two text fields and three checkboxes:

    $atts = array(
        'title'    => 'Metabox Name',         // Change this to a name which applies to your project.
        'id'       => 'custom_one',           // Change this so it is unique to you project.
        'context'  => 'normal',
        'priority' => 'core',
        'fields'   => array(
            array(
                'name'       => 'Field Name One', // Change this field name to something which applies to you project.
                'show_label' => TRUE,             // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name.
                'id'         => 'field_id_1',     // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique.
                'type'       => 'text',           // This is the field type being added.
                'size'       => 'regular',        // This can be changed to one of the following: 'small', 'regular', 'large'
            ),
            array(
                'name'       => 'Field Name Two', // Change this field name to something which applies to you project.
                'show_label' => TRUE,             // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name.
                'id'         => 'field_id_2',     // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique.
                'type'       => 'text',           // This is the field type being added.
                'size'       => 'regular',        // This can be changed to one of the following: 'small', 'regular', 'large'
            ),
            array(
                'name'       => 'Field Name Three', // Change this field name to something which applies to you project.
                'show_label' => TRUE,               // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name.
                'desc'       => 'Checkbox Description',
                'id'         => 'field_id_3',       // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique.
                'type'       => 'checkbox',         // This is the field type being added.
            ),
            array(
                'name'       => 'Field Name Four',  // Change this field name to something which applies to you project.
                'show_label' => TRUE,               // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name.
                'desc'       => 'Checkbox Description',
                'id'         => 'field_id_4',       // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique.
                'type'       => 'checkbox',         // This is the field type being added.
            ),
            array(
                'name'       => 'Field Name Five',  // Change this field name to something which applies to you project.
                'show_label' => TRUE,               // Whether or not to display the 'name'. Changing it to false will suppress the name.
                'desc'       => 'Checkbox Description',
                'id'         => 'field_id_5',       // Change this so it is unique to you project. Each field id MUST be unique.
                'type'       => 'checkbox',         // This is the field type being added.
            ),
        ),
    );
    

    Displaying this in the template is a bit different because the checkbox is saved as either 1 (checked) or 0 (not checked). So you would want to do this to display it in the template:

    $checked = $entry->getMeta(
            array(
                'key'    => 'field_id', // This should match exactly the field id used when registering the custom field.
                'single' => TRUE        // Do not change this.
            )
        );
    
    echo if ( $checked ) '<p>Checkbox was checked.</p>';
    

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,081 through 8,090 (of 15,332 total)