BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,921 through 7,930 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Re-Creating Directory Look #340201
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    Well, where to start…

    Connections is a plugin for WordPress, so you would need a WordPress installation and then choose a theme of your liking many, many themes include sliders.

    Your site reminds me a lot of this site: http://sscit.org/

    They are using a Divi theme with Connections. The templates in use for Connections are custom, so is the search (which I did for them on contract).

    That said… yes I believe you could fairly closely mimic your current setup with WordPress, a theme and Connections with some custom developed features and save money. One area Connections may not meet your needs is, presently there is no way to take payments for adding a directory entry but even that could be solved if it is needed.

    If you are looking for a turn key solution to replace your current directory, I’m sorry to say that I do not think Connections would be a good fit.

    Not sure if I answered your question. I hope I did and it helps.

    in reply to: Client/member login #340169
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kelly

    With the Link extension installed and active you registered users can add themselves. And, if you install and activate the Form extension, they can do it from the site’s frontend. I see you had purchased the Pro Pack, so I would recommend using them both.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Faith

    How recent is recent? What version do you have installed? Is it the latest version 2.2? If it is not, it is highly recommended that you update to the latest version which can be downloaded from your purchase history.

    The category permalinks themselves should resolve to the page set as the Directory Home Page on the Connections : Settings admin page under the General tab. This page should have the [connections] shortcode on it.

    Does that help? Let me know. Thanks!

    in reply to: Partially Public Partially Private Directory #340161
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brandon

    This should be possible. You would create a public directory and add all entries as public. The individual details such as addresses, phone numbers and email can be set to private… all individually. This is core/free feature built right into Connections.

    I hope that answers your question.

    in reply to: Item Display and list display broken #340160
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alice

    Great to hear!

    If I have not asked and you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jeff

    Generally there are primarily two causes for this…

    One, the directory home page as not set to the same page as the [connections] shortcode was inserted on.

    Two, the directory was added to the same page that was set to the WordPress Front Page. Connections does contain code to attempt to work around this one but does not always work due to numerous configurations that are possible. If you have Connections on the Front page, you’ll have to move it to any other page.

    Does that help? Please let me know.

    in reply to: Item Display and list display broken #340096
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alice

    The fix is quite easy… go to the page where you inserted the shortcode, switch the post editor to the Text tab. Now, delete all HTML tags from in and around the shortcode, especially any code and pre tags. After you do that, update the page. The display should be fixed now.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Error in functions.php following 8.3.1 update #340059
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Andy

    Sure, I fixed the activation… the licenses were activated on the site: storrington.org. I deactivated that site and activated them for storrington.org.uk.

    Hope that helps! And, thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

    in reply to: Something is wrong? #340052
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    That’s still not a whole lot of info to go on…

    My best guess based on your descriptions if that the memory allocated to PHP is being exhausted.

    I suggest trying to increase the memory setting. Here’s an excellent blog post that gives several methods to do this. Since each web host is different, which method that will work for you is unknown. My suggestion is to start at the top of the list and work your way down.

    Hope that helps! Please let me know.

    in reply to: Logo being cropped #340051
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Luke

    I have not heard back… back I do have another question, do you have SiteShot installed? If you do, what version? If it is not the current version of 1.3, you should update it or if you are not using it, deactivate it. Older versions had a bug would could cause a cropping issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,921 through 7,930 (of 15,332 total)