BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,931 through 7,940 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Error in functions.php following 8.3.1 update #340050
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Andy

    Ok, I was able to quickly identify and fix the issue. I’ll be releasing an update later today, version 8.3.2 which will include this fix as well a few other minor edge case bugs.

    One other item I noticed… I saw that none of the support licenses were activated on your site. If they are not activated, you will not receive the updates (fyi, there is a newer version of Form available). I do not know if this is intentional or not so I let it as is. I do highly recommend you activate your licenses so you can receive your updates.

    Apologies for the trouble! And, thank you for your patience!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Listing by countries and states #340044
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mo

    Sorry, but there is not a way to display a list of countries and states at this time. That said, it is possible to create those links so they can be placed in your site menu or in a widget. You need to enable the Country and Region link option on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Advanced tab. After they are enabled, those sections in address will now be permalinks that when clicked will filter the list based on the region clicked. It is these links that you could copy/paste into your sites nav or in a custom nav widget (that is part of WordPress).

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Add/edit Custom Field in Form #340043
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reshma

    re: what is the use of the Custom Field option if only the admin can use it from the WP admin panel and the front user cannot add or edit it

    Other than the reson I already mentioned. The Custom Field was modelled after the same Custom Fields metabox found on the admin Posts and Pages pages which require more privileges than a subscriber has permissions to access.

    Also this is to limit complexity for the user reducing potential confusion as for what that would be used for.

    It is an advanced feature in which you and I understand its features and function but this not something a typical user is going to understand.

    What would be a better solution for you would to have a custom metabox presenting the user with checkboxes of options where they can choose from a list of predefined options that they can check which would display in their profile.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reshma Tachkani

    One option, the easy option, add the text to the “Department” field.

    The other option requires you to edit the card.php and card-single files found in this folder:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-cmap/

    This requires some basic PHP editing skills…

    Add the following line of code to where you which the category text to appear in both files:

    $entry->getCategoryBlock( 
      array(
        'label'     => 'Criminal',
        'separator' => ', ', 
        'before'    => '<span>', 
        'after'     => 'lawyers</span>' 
      ) 
    );
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Error in functions.php following 8.3.1 update #340034
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Andy

    Not sure how or even if Connections can even be causing the conflict with the images. I do not see any javascript errors like I would expect. When I look at the CSS for the slider elements, I find this in the theme’s CSS:

    .custom-hb-box img {
        display: block;
        width: 100%;
        height:100%;
        -webkit-transition: opacity .2s linear;
        -moz-transition: opacity .2s linear;
        -o-transition: opacity .2s linear;
        -ms-transition: opacity .2s linear;
        transition: opacity .2s linear;
        opacity: 1
    }
    

    If the height:100%; declaration is removed, the images display just fine. Perhaps there was an update to the theme recently and this was not noticed???

    As for debugging the Connections issue… If you give me a temp admin account and a FTP login. I can track down the issue and fix it very quickly. This would save use a lot of back forth. The login details can be sent using the contact link at the bottom of the page. Please paste a link to this support thread so I can relate the two. I’ll begin work immediately after receiving the login info. Thanks!

    in reply to: deprecated since version 4.0 #340011
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Greg

    I just visited the site you sent in you email and performed a search. I do not see this notice.

    If you are seeing these notices on a public site, then the site is configured to show PHP errors/notices. On a production site, this is not advisable. I highly suggest reading this article and following its advise to disable these PHP notices.

    fyi, now that I’ve recently set the minimum requirements for Connections to be WordPress 4.0, I will be removing use of the deprecated esc_like() later this summer.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: export data to csv #340010
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ servionontwerp wemmenhove

    The ETA is this summer. The new Tools admin page was basically the first step as this is where the new CSV Export feature will reside when it arrives later this summer.

    To export data now, you can use phpMyAdmin in your web hosts control panel to export the data straight from the DB as a CSV file.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: cant find Custom Field in form #340006
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reshma Tachkani

    I believe I just answered you in this thread:

    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/addedit-custom-field-in-form/#post-339995

    I’m going to close this thread. Let keep the conversation in the other one so this is simpler for the both of us to keep track of.

    Again, my apologies for the late reply!

    in reply to: Category sidebar #340005
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dawn

    re: How do I change the size/location of the Select Category dropdown bar? It is currently the full width of my column.

    The width, that really depend. The first item that would determine width is the longest string length of the names. But mostly the width will be determined by the theme style for drop downs. If it is full width, then the theme has styled dropdowns widths to be 100%. The only way to “fix” this is to add a CSS statement which would override the theme. What this CSS statement is really depends on the theme. I see you decided to go back to the Market template… I would need to see the directory using the cMap template in order to give you the correct CSS statement to get what you want.

    in reply to: Change "Show Notes" to something else? #340000
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Connor

    Fist, take a quick read of this FAQ.

    All of the str_***** that work with cMap can be found on this page.

    All this said, here’s the full shortcode you would use:L

    [connections str_note_head="Content Header" str_note_show="Show Content" str_note_hide="Close Content"]

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,931 through 7,940 (of 15,332 total)