BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,941 through 7,950 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Add/edit Custom Field in Form #339995
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reshma

    Apologies! I thought I had replied… I know I started to write one but I can not remember actually submitting it.

    re: when I go to enter a new directory entry using the Form from the frontend as an user, I cannot find an field for Custom Field input.

    Sorry, but the Custom Fields metabox is available in the admin only. It is not supported by Form. The reason being that this is a field that you generally would not want users being able to added/edit because they could add/edit the values to be anything that they wished.

    re: I cannot edit Custom field data in entries which already have a Custom field.

    Sorry, I am not sure I understand. Could you give me more details?

    in reply to: Logo Issue #339977
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Promedia Services

    The issue was the old version of SiteShot that is installed. I deactivated it since it is not being used. The 1.3 version, this bug was fixed.

    The logos that appeared to be correct, they just happened to be in a width/height ratio that would not crop part of the image off. Image that fell outside of that ratio would have image cropped off.

    With SiteShot deactivated, the images settings are correctly applied along with the correct crop mode.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Craig

    Sure, I would recommend the cMap template. You would add your states and categories then the user could switch between them. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Loading entries to manage is painfully slow #339971
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jennai

    Thanks!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Error in functions.php following 8.3.1 update #339970
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Andy

    I still have not been able to duplicate the error you are seeing. All that I’m certain at this point is that it seems to occur for you in AJAX requests (you might have noticed the error is present in the settings JSON file) and when AI1EC fetches its javascript.

    Can you make a temporary change the the wp_list_pluck() function? change it from this:

    function wp_list_pluck( $list, $field, $index_key = null ) {
        if ( ! $index_key ) {
            /*
             * This is simple. Could at some point wrap array_column()
             * if we knew we had an array of arrays.
             */
            foreach ( $list as $key => $value ) {
                if ( is_object( $value ) ) {
                    $list[ $key ] = $value->$field;
                } else {
                    $list[ $key ] = $value[ $field ];
                }
            }
            return $list;
        }
    
        /*
         * When index_key is not set for a particular item, push the value
         * to the end of the stack. This is how array_column() behaves.
         */
        $newlist = array();
        foreach ( $list as $value ) {
            if ( is_object( $value ) ) {
                if ( isset( $value->$index_key ) ) {
                    $newlist[ $value->$index_key ] = $value->$field;
                } else {
                    $newlist[] = $value->$field;
                }
            } else {
                if ( isset( $value[ $index_key ] ) ) {
                    $newlist[ $value[ $index_key ] ] = $value[ $field ];
                } else {
                    $newlist[] = $value[ $field ];
                }
            }
        }
    
        return $newlist;
    }
    

    to this:

    function wp_list_pluck( $list, $field, $index_key = null ) {
        if ( ! $index_key ) {
            /*
             * This is simple. Could at some point wrap array_column()
             * if we knew we had an array of arrays.
             */
            foreach ( $list as $key => $value ) {
                if ( is_object( $value ) ) {
                    $list[ $key ] = $value->$field;
                } else {
                    $list[ $key ] = $value[ $field ];
                }
            }
            return $list;
        }
    
        /*
         * When index_key is not set for a particular item, push the value
         * to the end of the stack. This is how array_column() behaves.
         */
        $newlist = array();
        foreach ( $list as $value ) {
            if ( is_object( $value ) ) {
                if ( isset( $value->$index_key ) ) {
                    $newlist[ $value->$index_key ] = $value->$field;
                } else {
                    $newlist[] = $value->$field;
                }
            } else {
                if ( isset( $value[ $index_key ] ) ) {
                    $newlist[ $value[ $index_key ] ] = $value[ $field ];
                } else {
                    if( 'name' == $field && !isset( $value[ $field ] ) ){
                          echo wp_debug_backtrace_summary();
                          wp_die('');
                    }
                    $newlist[] = $value[ $field ];
                }
            }
        }
    
        return $newlist;
    }
    

    The difference is that I added the following to be fore line 3220:

    if( 'term_id' == $field && !isset( $value[ $field ] ) ){
          echo wp_debug_backtrace_summary();
          wp_die('');
    }
    

    What does this do? The error is caused when wp_list_pluck() is called to with $field set to ‘name’ – but an element in the passed array does not contain that as a key. This checks for such a situation and then prints the trace: this indicates which function it was called by, and which function called that, and so on.

    You should see a series of function/method names indicating the sequence in which the functions were called.

    wp_die() kills the process so we don’t lose the trace with a page redirect or something.

    You site may or may not continue to work after after this change. What is important is to get a copy of the output of wp_debug_backtrace_summary(). After you do, then the file can be changed back.

    in reply to: Connections 8.3 causes crash #339967
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ jgtraylor

    No problem! I did log in this morning to checkout the potential logging issue, the ones stored in the db. Looks like they are not there which is great. I suppose the queries were occurring but they were not actually being saved. The only way to know for sure though would to check the posts table in the db using phpMyAdmin.

    I did encounter another issue though. The new tools admin page was not displaying. I tracked that down and fixed it too. The cause was a way a PHP statement was crafted, it was valid for newer versions of PHP but really older version would fail with a parsing error. I’ll be releasing 8.3.2 in the next day or two. It should be plenty safe for you to update because it’ll only contain a few edge case bug fixes.

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Loading entries to manage is painfully slow #339962
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jennai

    Good to hear you found the source of the issue! Was it only affecting Connections or your whole site? I have been on many, many, sites where users had Wordfence and I’ve never seen that. Did you deactivate Wordfence or was there a specific setting that was the cause? Sorry for all the questions, trying to determine if there is some sort of plugin conflict.

    in reply to: Featured business at top of listings #339961
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ bobbyau

    Yes, you needed to create the “Featured” category. Apologies if I was clear on that point of the instruction.

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Slider on my home page disappeared #339960
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joel

    Great to hear! What was it?

    in reply to: Error in functions.php following 8.3.1 update #339916
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Andy

    Also, can you paste the contents of that modified single-ai1ec-event.php module into a text file? It is possible there is something in that custom module which is the root cause of the conflict and could be why I can not replicate the error as of yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,941 through 7,950 (of 15,332 total)