BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,721 through 7,730 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Best Way To Upgrade from 4.0 #343172
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ carolin

    The best way to update is to go to your purchase history copy your support license key for cMap and then enter it on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Licenses tab. After you save it, if you go to the WordPress Updates admin page, it should show up as an update and be able to update from right within the admin.

    Hoe that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Presales Question #343087
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Becky

    I answered the question in the other thread that was started…

    http://connections-pro.com/support/topic/user-role-problem/

    in reply to: User Role problem #343086
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Becky

    First thing to do is go to the Connections : Roles admin page and enable the “Reset All Role Capabilities” option and click the Update button.

    Now, make sure any custom roles you have added or were added by Paid Membership Pro have the capabilities you need them to have and click the UPdate button again.

    If that does not work… you’ll have to give me more details on what you are trying to do because honestly I’m not quite 100% certain what you meant by added two separate emails with two roles and the dashboard not showing.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ray

    The templates need updated in order to support the new Template Customizer. Presently the only template that does is the Default Entry Card template that comes with Connections.

    I will be working on updating and releasing the premium templates in the coming weeks starting with cMap scheduled to be released early next week.

    You said you customized the Slim Plus template… if you have, you may not want to update because what ever changes you have made, they will be lost unless you’ve used the template file override features to make the changes. In that case, that changes would be safe but there may be no way to take full advantage of the Template Customizer as some settings and options may not have any effect due to the use of a template override file.

    What changes did you make and how? Once I know that, I’ll be able to better explain what you can expect with this new feature.

    in reply to: Random Line Breaks Inserted in Default Template #343065
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alla

    I have not seen this in awhile… this use to be much, much more common. The root cause is most likely the theme and it altering the default filters WP applies to post/shortcode.

    Take a moment to read this FAQ:

    http://connections-pro.com/faqs/why-does-the-template-layout-look-wrong/

    The second half of the FAQ is the relevant section, try the suggested methods, I’m certain one of them will resolve the issue.

    in reply to: Option to hide Bio and Notes fields #343032
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Raymond

    Ok, I added this to my feature request list. It shouldn’t be too difficult to add.

    in reply to: Plugins Path in Different Location #343031
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Oliver

    Can you give more info on your setup so I can duplicate the issue you are having with the broken css/js?

    I’m pretty certain I can not simply make this change because it would break backward compatibility with thousand of site still using the old legacy templates which reside in the wp-content/connections_templates folder and not the plugins folder like the modern templates do.

    If I can mimic your setup more closely, I can perhaps add a filter which can be hooked into so you can change the path without having to hack the core files (update safe).

    Look forward to hearing back from you.

    in reply to: Presales Question #343030
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Thomas

    Yes, the “Custom Fields” header can be changed, see this QuickTip. To remove it completely is a matter of use some CSS to hide it:

    .cn-entry-content-block-meta h3 {
        display: none;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Gravity Forms integration? #343029
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bet

    There is no plugin/extension available to do this but it is possible. I recently custom coded an extension for another user which used Gravity Forms for user registration and payment/renewals where certain fields were only available depending on the selected membership level. Additionally it only allowed n-number o categories to be selected based on selected membership level. It actually went further than this and integrated with Restrict Content Pro. After payment/approval, the user’s membership level and expiration was also setup. It even added/removed the user from their “legacy” membership plugin to provide backward compatibility. It was quite the integrations plugin. All of this was hard coded in the plugin, no UI so it is very limited to their specific requirements. Any way… all this to say, yes it is possible but it definitely is not point and click.

    in reply to: Download member list #343023
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Murray

    I don’t see any reason why that would not work. The queries in Connections are a bit more complex but basically, this is the query I use to retrieve public/private or unlisted.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,721 through 7,730 (of 15,332 total)