BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,071 through 7,080 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: cmap columns #353100
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lynn

    re: I wish that worked but it didn’t :(

    Just tested the code, it does add the new link types. They do not show up under the Links Type option when adding/editing an entry???

    re: how do i get rid of “name” in the URL?

    Sorry, that is not possible. This is simple how the WordPress permalink structure is setup. however, you can change it on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Advanced tab.

    in reply to: I must be missing something? Best Practice #353097
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roland

    re: I checked my License and noticed that many of them had not been activated? How can I use a product for 2 years and then discover that some of them remain unactivated?

    It is up to you to activate the license. This is not something I can do because they must be activated on the site that they are being used on.

    re: “Get Started With Connections” Guide

    I do have the QuickStart. But that is all it is… a very basic quick start, does not go into depth.

    re: I readily admit that you excellent have documentation available, but it’s all in bits and pieces, and one has to search to find them

    Yeah, that is true. The docs for each item are on its own page. I do have the doc pages linked on the product item page. Example, if you go to the cMap template product page, there’s a link to all the docs for cMap. It’s the best way I could think of doing this. Looking at other sites many do this too or they have a separate support site but the structure is pretty much the same… go to the item and the docs are under the item.

    Admittedly this is not great because all the pieces of Connections integrate into the whole so that does mean a lot of clicking around. This is something I am working at to improve. If you look, as an example, on the cmap doc page, you’ll notice direct links to the other doc pages for other items. As I revamp the docs for each item, those links will show up there automatically.

    re: Surely there should be 20 step guide

    You know, I like this idea… The QuickStart could be my equivalent of the WordPress 5 minute install. I could add a much longer version like this which also give me an opportunity to highlight many of the extensions.

    re: I would be perfectly happy if you deleted my previous post in this thread.

    I’m going to keep it… great critical advance is always welcomed!

    in reply to: Tile Plus field labels #353095
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Support Nevada County

    Did you try the shortcode options I gave? Or do you need an example how to use them? Here’s one:

    [connections addr_format='%line1% %line2% %line3% %city%, %state% %zipcode% %country%' phone_format='%number%' email_format='%address%' link_format='%title%' date_format='%date%']

    in reply to: cmap columns #353094
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lynn

    Oh, I see an error, it should be add_filter not add_filters. Try this version.

    add_filter( 'cn_link_options', 'cn_add_new_link_types_make_me_unique' );
    
    function cn_add_new_link_types_make_me_unique( $options ) {
    
        $options['bear']      = 'black bear listing';
        $options['whitetail'] = 'whitetail deer listing';
        $options['muledeer']  = 'mule deer listing';
        $options['moose']     = 'moose listing';
        $options['elk']       = 'elk listing';
        $options['cougar']    = 'cougar listing';
        $options['bison']     = 'bison listing';
        $options['wolf']      = 'wolf listing';
        $options['antelope']  = 'antelope listing';
        $options['waterfowl'] = 'waterfowl listing';
        $options['fishing']   = 'fishing listing';
    
        return $options;
    }
    
    in reply to: Widget Pack #353082
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jerry

    Is the directory page the same as the page set as the WP front home page? If it is, WP can get “confused” and “route” the query to the blogs instead. Suggestion, put the directory home page as a subpage instead.

    Does that help? Let me know.

    in reply to: Search not working #353081
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alan Teh

    Seems to be a server config and/or WP config issue… The server responds back with error 403 forbidden and the search query string are being dropped. When I access individual entries specifically it works fine. Example:

    /mylist/name/jane-doe/

    So this is only triggered when query strings are being used. Example:

    /mylist/?cn-s=jack

    My suggestion would be check the security related settings in the following, but not limited to the .htaccess file, the wp-config.php file, any membership plugins or security plugins.

    Hope that helps. Let me know.

    in reply to: Single column layout #353078
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Craig

    re: I can’t seem to get the single layout option to work. I have the single shortcode option set, but it does not change the layout:

    Maybe a CSS conflict with the theme???

    re: I switched templates – not sure if Circled was really the one I need to use.

    Ok, let me know if you switch back to Circled and I’ll take another look.

    in reply to: License for Contact and Custom Category Order #353077
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roland

    I corrected the renewal to include the missing support license keys and resent the sale confirmation email which includes them. Let me know if you do not receive the email.

    Apologies for the trouble!

    in reply to: Business Hours #353057
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jacky

    Hmmm, ok, which language? So I can see if I can duplicate the error.

    in reply to: Front-end editing support? #353056
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alan

    re: though there doesn’t seem to be a way to enter Custom fields in the front end

    This is an admin level feature that would not be exposed to uses so it is not supported by Form

    re: When I click on the detail profile view I don’t see any link for Edit entry. I changed to another theme (2015) and it’s not there so I don’t think it is theme related.

    If you share a link and a temp admin login, I’ll take a look.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,071 through 7,080 (of 15,332 total)