BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,081 through 7,090 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Category Listing in Profile on Gridder #353055
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bob

    Which template? This is already possible in the Default Entry Card, Profile and cMap templates.

    in reply to: Tile Plus field labels #353054
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Support Nevada County

    Which ones precisely, I can give exact directions? You can use these shortcode options to control the format (remove the %label%):

    name_format=’%prefix% %first% %middle% %last% %suffix%’
    contact_name_format=’%label%%separator% %first% %last%’
    addr_format=’%label% %line1% %line2% %line3% %city%, %state% %zipcode% %country%’
    phone_format=’%label%%separator% %number%’
    email_format=’%label%%separator% %address%’
    link_format=’%label%%separator% %title%’
    date_format=’%label%%separator% %date%’

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Changing the Submit new Entry text #353053
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roland

    Install the Say What? plugin.

    Add a new text change with the following:

    Original string: Submit New Entry
    Text domain: connections_form
    New string: Join our Free Directory

    Leave other fields blank and save. That should do it.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: Template Translation Not Showing #353052
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Don

    Ok, I was able to find and fix the bug. Can you supply a more complete translation so I can test my fix more thoroughly to make sure I did not miss any spots. I’ll include your translation in the next update that fixes this.

    in reply to: Alphabet links going to random pages #353047
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ sibyl

    Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Advanced tab. Add char to the Character Base permalink option and save. That should fix it.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    Great to hear you tracked it down.

    in reply to: Add a Single Entry in a Page #353045
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roland

    re: is there anyway I can avoid the Select Category ‘pulldown’ at the top o the listing?

    Go to the Connections : Template admin page and click the Customize button for the cMap template. The page will load with the Customizer on the left and the preview on the right. Navigate to the Category Select panel, disable the Enable Category Filter option and click the Save and Publish button.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: SiteShot usage in cMap #353040
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roland

    re: Please can you point me to where I configure SiteShot to generate the default image in cMap instead of using the supplied image?

    You enable SiteShot by adding a shortcode option, the doc page covers it. The screenshots are captured automatically. There is nothing else to configure.

    re: If I do use siteshot will the graphic also available for other themes ?

    Sorry, but I do not understand what your are asking. Can you give more details?

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Show or Hide Submit New Entry on the page level? #353039
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Not really, no, sorry. Maybe what you can do is add the link manually on the page where you want it to show and then deactivate the link in the settings. I believe that should work.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: 0404 for searches, letters and specific items #353038
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Hagai Agmon-Snir

    Sounds like a plugin conflict. I see you have Wordfence Security installed… it might be possible that there is a settings enabled that is breaking Connections. Try deactivating it temporarily. Does that fix it? If it does not, I suggest deactivate all plugins except the Connections related ones. Does that fix it? If it does, activate the plugins one at a time until the issue comes back. The last plugin activated when the issue comes back is the plugin causing the conflict. Let me know which and I’ll look into it closer.

    Also, of note, another user has reported that this plugin was significantly slowing down their site. Might be relevant.

    Hope this helps, let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,081 through 7,090 (of 15,332 total)