BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,061 through 7,070 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Tile Plus field labels #353211
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Support Nevada County

    Sorry, but there is no way to selectively decide which labels to show… You could try this shortcode which will display the labels for the phone numbers:

    [connections addr_format='%line1% %line2% %line3% %city%, %state% %zipcode% %country%' email_format='%address%' link_format='%title%' date_format='%date%']

    in reply to: 0404 for searches, letters and specific items #353210
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Hagai Agmon-Snir

    Ahhh… I bet Shareaholic made changes to the WP permalinks without properly flushing them. The deactivate/reactivate seems to flush and rebuilt the permalink settings cache.

    in reply to: Business Hours #353209
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jacky

    Ok, this must be a conflict with another plugin… the other plugin not limit its javascript to its own pages like it should. I say this because I can not duplicate this issue. If you give me a temp WP admin account, I’ll take a closer look. The login details can be posted here as a private reply.

    in reply to: Changing the Submit new Entry text #353207
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Roland

    Do you follow the instructions in my previous reply? Did it not work? I tested it before replying… it should work just fine. Using this plugin is an excellent way to change text in any plugin, not just Connections.

    in reply to: Search not working #353206
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alan Teh

    Ahhh, yes, that would do it.

    in reply to: Contact form spam block problem #353205
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    re: “You filled out a form field that was created to stop spammers. Please go back and try again or contact the site administrator if you feel this was an error.”

    This one is easy to answer… my best guess is that you have a browser plugin / extension automatically filling in a couple hidden form fields. Let me explain…

    You see the “Name” field, what you do not see is two fields, one for first name and the other for last name. These are hidden and set not to autofill by the browser. Spam bots will fill in these automatically and when Connections receives a submission with these fields filled in, it rejects it as spam. This is a very common anti spam method, one of several Contact uses to prevent spam. This is called spam honeypot fields.

    So a browser extension/plugin must be filling these in because the browser will not due to the no autofill setting.

    I do not receive this message when testing… I suspect if you test in a private browsing window you will not receive it either.

    If I may, I suggest you figure out which browser extension/plugin is leaking this info because it is being submitted when it should not be. I would suggest not using it because there is no telling what other info it is leaking.

    re: When I test the contact form on my directory profile in single view, I see a momentary error that says “SMTP connect() failed.

    This is far more difficult to answer as this is not an error being generated by Contact or Connections. Contact uses a standard WordPress function wp_mail() to send email.

    The WP Mail SMTP plugin configures the settings for sending an email at the end of the wp_mail(). Contact does not change or change this. All it is doing is reporting the error that was reported by wp_mail(). It is this error that your are seeing. More can be read about it here:

    https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting#smtp-error-could-not-connect-to-smtp-host

    Reading that page seems to indicate that the settings for sending the email is not correct. So, I guess my question is, does the Test Email work in the WP Mail SMTP plugin?

    in reply to: Front-end editing support? #353202
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alan

    Can be posted here as a private reply. As for creating the account, you can use any dummy email account. Generally I just mash a few keys, add an @, mash a few more keys and add .trash.

    in reply to: Contact Form Display #353201
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Patrick

    The issue is a conflict between Connections and the theme’s visual page builder. If you give me a temp WP admin login I’ll take a closer look. You can post the login details here as a private reply.

    in reply to: cMap template style changes #353196
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Peter

    re: permalinks, I see the url is changed to “http://myauckland.biz/name/sunhill-garden-centre/” for example. It would be ideal to have the “/name/” be the category from an SEO perspective. Is there any way to make that so?

    The name slug of the permalink can be easily customized to suit your needs. Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Advanced tab. You can change the name base permalink slug to whatever you want.

    Hope that helps! If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: User unable to access Edit Entry with Memberpress #353194
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Misty

    Great to hear!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

Viewing 10 posts - 7,061 through 7,070 (of 15,332 total)