Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Alan
Oh, I see, you didn’t mention using the Slim Plus template. This template does not have a link to the entry profile page so you’ll never see the edit link that exists on it. I modded the template to show the link under the image. You should be good to go now.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Sergio
Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:
#cn-list span.fn { text-decoration: underline; }That’ll do it, hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Mohammad
Connections is 63% percent translated in Arabic. The quality of the translation is unknown since this was freely contributed. You can always help to improve it and earn a free Pro Pack.
There is no special process to deploying Connection in Arabic. Make sure your WordPress installation is set to Arabic and install Connections like you would any other plugin.
Purchasing cMap, go to the product page, add it to the cart and checkout. Pretty standard, no special process. The template does have a few strings that you’ll need to translate, but that can be done easily in the Template Customizer for cMap.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jerry
First, try going to the WordPress Permalinks settings admin page and click update, you do not need to make any changes. This will flush the cached permalink rules.
Second, do you have Sharabolic installed? If you do, deactivate/activate it. Another user just recently reported that plugin was cause 404/s.
Third, make sure you do not have a folder on the server that identically named as the page being requested. If a folder exists, the server will serve that instead of the page from WordPress. This too was just recently reported by another user.
These are my best guesses since this is not something I can get access to. Generally, search and permalink issues are nearly 100% a server config issue, something which I would have no control over as far as a plugin for WordPress goes.
Hope that helps!
Oh… one more suggestion… to eliminate the possibility of a theme or plugin conflict, temporarily deactivate plugins that are not Connections related and temporarily switch to one of the default WordPress themes, like TwentyTwelve.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Sergio
The underlining is being inherited from the the theme, this is not being applied by Connections. If you can share a link to the page I can probably give you a bit of CSS to add the underline. I cant do that with a screenshot.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Patrick
I made a tweak to Connections to account for the Divi visual page builder. Looks good now.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Patrick
I just tried logging in… no luck. I get invalid username or password.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Sean
For a time and cost estimate I would need to know more fully how each custom field is to be inputted. For example… the “Areas of counselling I deal with” section is that a checklist of “areas” that you would simply checkoff to show that the doctor deals with that type of counseling. Same for the “Member organisations” who would you expect those logos to be chosen? And so on…
A very rough ballpark estimate would be a couple hundred. This is heavily dependent on the info that you provide for the functionality of these custom fields.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Ramona
Oh, I see now…
First, you are using an old version of Connections. Second, I see the entries you are trying to sort by birthday are organizations. Technically organizations can not have a birthday even though one can be added. Currently the birthday sort sorts on a “legacy” field and the birthday is not saved to this legacy field for organization.
That said…
The next update to Connections will contain a change which will sort on the correct field regardless of entry type. It’ll actually allow sorting by any of the date types. This update is planned for this Friday/weekend. You’ll need this update in order to get the sort that you want.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Chris
re: We have noticed that when they edit their profiles, under biographical info, the add media button is unavailable for Editors. Is this only available to Administrators?
The media button is controlled by the
unfiltered_htmlcapability. On single site install of WordPress Editors should have this capability. They do not on a multisite install. You could enable this capability to the Editor role and the button will display.re: is there a way to get the full text menu editing options for this area as well?
The next update to Connections will give users with the
unfiltered_htmlcapability access to the full visual editor options.Hope that helps!
-
AuthorPosts
