BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,021 through 7,030 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: CVS Export #354088
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ jonduvalldesigns-com

    Yes, go to your purchase history and you can download the update. You should delete the old version before installing the new. You should also add your support license key to the Connections : Settings admin page under the Licenses tab. You can get you key on the purchase history page too. When you activate the support license key on your site, you will receive updates in the WP admin like other plugins.

    Hope that helps!

    ps. The email address on your account is the same that you used for your last post. Just in case you need that to reset your account password. ;)

    in reply to: CSV Import does not seem to work #354080
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Patrick

    Looking at the CSV file, it appears to be an CSV export of some WP post content… that’s fine, but I need to know how you mapped those fields to the Connections fields. Can you attach a screenshot of the mapping you used?

    Also, there is at least one error that I saw with the CSV file, there is a “blank” column between post_content and post_excerpt. This column should be removed or at the very least a column header added.

    in reply to: Gridder Profile #354079
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    To remove the bio excerpt, you would delete the code from the file mentioned in my last reply.

    if ( $atts['excerpt_length'] ) {
    
        echo cnString::excerpt(
            $entry->getBio(),
            array(
                'length' => $atts['excerpt_length'],
                'more'   => $atts['excerpt_more']
                )
            );
    
    } else {
    
        echo $entry->getBio();
    }
    
    in reply to: Image format and placement #354078
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Support Nevada County

    Making this type of change would require changing quite a bit of its CSS and PHP logic. Since you are showing a bunch of data from the entry, I suggest increasing the tile height to account for it.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #354072
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cori

    I just uploaded a tweaked zip which disables the initial automatic sort. It should now load in the order you defined. Let me know if that fixes it.

    Oh… make sure you force refresh the browser so the new CSS and JS file are downloaded by the browser. This must be done or the browser will use the version it downloaded into its cache. Opening a private browsing window is a good way to test.

    in reply to: CVS Export #354071
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ jonduvalldesigns-com

    I just visited the site… seems like everything is alright. But I am unable to tell if you rolled back Connections and the db or not.

    in reply to: Template Translation Not Showing #354070
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Don

    Great to hear!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Upgrade to 8.5.2 missing Social Media IDs #354069
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ NEngineer

    What version did you upgrade from?

    Do they show up in the admin when you click show details?

    Do they show up when you edit an existing entry?

    Can you please share a link to the page having the issue? It could be as simple as the theme or another plugin hiding them due to a CSS conflict or something.

    in reply to: Business Hours #354064
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jacky

    Yes, I did look and even replied, days ago… but I can not find my reply… really, really weird!

    Any way… this is what I found…

    I missed this from the screenshots, you have the time format set as 15 h 31 min (G \h i \m\i\n). The time picker is not compatible with that format. This time format does not even seem to be a “standard” WordPress option, are you using a plugin to add it? The time picker should work fine with either the 2nd or 3rd time format options. I suggest using one of those if possible.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ archana

    I see you purchased the Market template (in 2012), if you want the category drop down, you need the cMap template as teh category sidebar in Market can not be converted to a drop down.

    I also see that you are running a very older version of Connections (from 2012) to use the newer templates, you will have to upgrade Connections.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,021 through 7,030 (of 15,332 total)