BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,011 through 7,020 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Possible X-Theme conflict after plugin update #354413
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bill

    How odd… Connections does not interact with add user at all unless your are using the Link extension which has not had an update in many months. Are you using Link?

    Now, that said, WP recently changed the way new users are added in regards to passwords. Can you give me more details, maybe even screenshots which might help better explain the issue; “won’t create a password“?

    in reply to: Install issue? #354412
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Camp Beech Cliff

    Well, my first guess is that the memory allocated to PHP is being exhausted. Try increasing it. Here’s an excellent blog post on how to do that:

    http://dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/

    They provide several methods because the method that will work for you depends on the web host. My suggestion is to start at the top of the list and work your way down to see if that resolves the issue.

    While you are at it, can you please share a System Info link with me? You can create one on the Connections : Tools admin page under the System Info tab (bottom of page).

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #354348
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cori

    Thanks for the review! Good to see you saw how to rearrange the field order.

    in reply to: Gridder_ Search Messages #354346
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steve

    Sorry, no shortcode option but it can be turned off in the settings. Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Display tab. Disable the Show Clear Search Message option. That’ll do it.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #354200
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cori

    Great to hear! And, thanks!

    re: You are getting the most awesome review ever written.

    Thank in advance of the review you plan to leave. I truly appreciate it as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: CSV Import does not seem to work #354199
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Patrick

    I believe your CSV file is corrupt… I’ve opened it every way I could think of and it seems the wrong contents are in the categories and title columns but more imported there seems to be a text encoding issue which seems was an issue in the other file you attached too. You can see it throughout the file. One example Ì¢‰â‰ã¢, another, look at row 51, Mario’s last name. What is the source of the CSV file?

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #354157
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @

    re: I entered them in according to position (where they should be)
    Also I did name 1 on Len Anderson who should be first and it didn’t have any affect.

    I originally had 6 names in for test, I deleted them to re-enter in order, I started with Len Anderson – but the plugin held the deleted 6 so he is actually #7, Michael Lynch is 8, Lori Fjelstad is 9, etc. according to the order they should be in (this was prior to plugin update)

    Ok, I think I understand, you are talking about the entry ID, correct?

    But, I still need the answer to these questions from my last reply…

    Which method did you use to order them and what is your exact shortcode?

    The methods I am referencing in this question are the two methods I gave you to do ordering in this reply.

    The answers are important because right now the list appears, to me, to be simply supported by the default method of the last name which implies that neither of the sort methods were applied or another issue which is preventing them from function like they should.

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #354097
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cori

    re: It changed – now it’s in alphabetical order.

    After I forced refreshed my browser cache so the new JS file was loaded, this is the order I see the entries:

    John Anderson
    Len Anderson
    Todd Anderson
    Shannon Ash
    Patrick Bibro
    Courtney Casey
    Tim Casey
    Jeff Clark
    David Deuel
    Jenn Felten
    Jessica Fjelstad
    Lori Fjelstad
    Cori Fountain
    Leanne Goodridge
    Jackie Lang
    Michael Lynch
    Katie Miller
    Steve Nelson
    Jenny Perlinger
    Sue Perlinger
    Jon Randall
    Mark Randall
    Tom Randall
    Audrey Roettger
    Wayne Safranski
    Irina Smith
    Tristen Spencer
    Herman Strauch
    Sara Thielges
    Lynn Voss
    Tom Wright

    The list seems to be sorting on the last name which would be the default sort applied by Connections.

    Is that correct or not based on the order you set? Which method did you use to order them and what is your exact shortcode?

    in reply to: Business Hours #354096
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jacky

    re: 15 h 31 min is the standard (1st) format for the Frensh Language.

    uh, never knew that! Thanks for educating me. I added this to my issue tracker so I can figure out how to fix this to make it compatible.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lisa

    re: first, a private password protected or login only Alumni directory for graduates of their program to find each other. The second is a public directory for alumni to advertise their services. The public directory will in most cases be a subset of the alumni directory.

    This can be as simple as setting the alumni entries as private when adding them. They will only be visible/search to the WP users logged in. You can also have two directories by separating them with categories like this FAQ for cMap explains. The same trick will work with all the templates.

    re: alumni would be able to edit their own entries,

    You would need the Link extension. The one limitation you should be aware about… This allows you to link one WP user to one Connections entry. So you can set it up so a user can edit their entry but it can not be setup to edit their “services” entry too. It is one to one, not one to many. Hope that makes sense.

    re: alumni could pay online to be included in the public directory (it would be Ok to simply have to have their public entry held until
    payment was made)

    Connections has not ability to take payments to be listed or not.

    re: alumni could specify a different phone number, address, or email for the public vs. the private directories

    When adding an address, phone number, address and email can all be set to public or private. The user would simply add both numbers and set their visibility accordingly.

    re: we’d love to have a zip code or map viewable version of the public directory, since Christos has graduates all over the country.

    Sorry, not yet a feature of Connections.

    re: Would you recommend adding each person to the directory as one entry and simply create custom fields for private vs. public information?

    Not needed based on my answers above.

    re: Can I control what fields people see when they go to submit an entry? Or do I just need to be very specific about what fields are for the public vs. private parts of the site?

    If you use the Form extension with Link you will have to option to turn off some fields sets but more or less it’ll show pretty much the same form as the admin with most of the same options. One of those being the ability to set public/private.

    re: How would you recommend handling payment for public listings?

    Seeing this is not built into Connections… you could use a form builder plugin like Ninja Forms to collect info and payment, but that would need to be manually added to Connections.

    re: What templates and extensions would you suggest based on what I’ve outlined here?

    I’d say go for the template you like best and the Extension Pro Pack for the most flexibility.

    re: Is there duplication management?

    No. ever entry is unique even if you add multiple entries with the exact same info.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,011 through 7,020 (of 15,332 total)