BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,501 through 8,510 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Not In Dashboard #332717
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jacey

    I’m confused as to where you might be looking. I’m going to assume the template has been installed as a plugin and activated from the Plugins admin page. After that is completed the template will show on the Connections : Templates admin page.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Default Settings #332713
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Charles

    Thanks for the suggestions. I can actually let you know how to set most of the defaults. Here’s how:

    Install the Code Snippet plugin.

    Add a new snippet with the following code:

    function cn_add_address_types( $options ) {
    
        unset( $options['home'] );
        unset( $options['school'] );
        unset( $options['other'] );
    
    
        return $options;
    }
    
    add_filter( 'cn_address_options', 'cn_add_address_types' );
    
    function cn_add_phone_types( $options ) {
    
        unset( $options['homefax'] );
        unset( $options['workfax'] );
    
        return $options;
    }
    
    add_filter( 'cn_phone_options', 'cn_add_phone_types' );
    
    function cn_add_email_types( $options ) {
    
        unset( $options['personal'] );
    
        return $options;
    }
    
    add_filter( 'cn_email_options', 'cn_add_email_types' );
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Single Entry Image Crop #332707
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Charles

    Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and change the crop mode for the medium image size or image size to be of a portrait orientation of the medium image size.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Combining Category results with Alpha-Index #332706
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kartik

    Fudging the margins using CSS is the only way to do it without having to resort to editing the core PHP files of Connections. I think this will work. You might need the to add the !important flags.

    #cn-slim-plus .cn-alphaindex {
        margin-top: -100px;
        margin-bottom: 60px;
        text-align: left !important;
    }
    
    #cn-slim-plus .chosen-container-single {
        margin-top: 30px;
    }
    

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: img error #332607
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Christelle

    So was the issue that that WP_CONTENT_URL was incorrectly set?

    in reply to: Combining Category results with Alpha-Index #332606
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kartik

    Sorry, no, there is no simple work around. This issue is quite complex because there is more to it than just the character index so the change would require lots of testing. I believe most of this has already been solved for the pagination links so my hope is that code can be extracted out and shared. I will not know for certain until I work on it. as for time frame, honestly, unknown. I don’t have this in my issue tracker and I should. I’ll add it so it is not overlooked.

    in reply to: Checklist that is searchable? #332605
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jay and Kim

    When creating this custom extension, I did have the foresight to make the category parents configurable. In theory you could use any set any number of parent categories and their children would show as options in each drop down.

    Now the styling, that is pretty much specifically tailored for the site and did take quite a bit of time to do…

    That said, if you can deal with the styling as is, the fee would be relatively inexpensive which would include installation and configuration.

    Something to consider, since this is not a “stock” extension where there are support updates (with an active support license) so there is a possibility there could be a maintenance fee if it needs to be updated in order to fix it if it should break due to updates to WordPress or Connections.

    If you’d like quotes, we’d have to an offline conversation. If you are interested, please contact me via the contact link at the bottom of the page. Please paste a link to this thread in the message so I can relate the two.

    Thanks!

    in reply to: family #332603
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Amy

    Sounds like the default template would work fine. Ot if you need search and category filtering, then cMap would be a great option.

    in reply to: Default category with search option #332602
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kasper

    Great to hear!

    in reply to: Default image #332601
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jay

    You could try the instructions in this QuickTip. it should still be perfectly valid.

    Hope that helps! Let me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,501 through 8,510 (of 15,332 total)