Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ funthingsaustin
Do you have the Widget Pack? You could use the category widget as a shortcode and then use CSS to tweak the display how you want. I have not yet documented how to use a widget as a shortcode, but it is pretty easy…
The Widget Pack adds a new sidebar name “Connections: Widget Shortcodes” to the theme, one that is never displayed. It is only used to add and configure Connections’ widgets to use as shortcode.
What you would do is add the category widget to this sidebar, configure it to display the categories you want and it’ll give you a shortcode that you can add to a page where you want the widget to be displayed. This multi-widget compatible so you could add multiple category widgets, each configured differently.
This might be an easier working solution? Does that help?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ funthingsaustin
You mean by using the browser bookmarking feature? Sure, I don’t see why not.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ chad
Sorry, no, the only way this could be done is to modify the template. The changes required is a bit more than a simple code snippet that I could give you, sorry.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ GTWD
re: I want to create a random order on page load for listings rather than alphabetical. How do I do that?
You would use the order_by shortcode option. It does not refresh on every page load, by design. See the note on the doc page for more details.
re: I also want to remove the words custom field in the listing. How do I do that?
Use CSS to hide it. Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:
.cn-entry-content-block-meta h3 { display: none !important; }Hope that helps, let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jacey
First, remove the
width='590'from the shortcode, that’ll break responsive support.The issue is a CSS conflict with the theme, it is overriding a few styles in cMap. This is easily fixable.
I added the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:
#cn-cmap .vcard { float: none; width: auto; margin: 0; } #cn-cmap h3 .fn { text-align: right; }This fixed it right up.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jacey
One post is enough, I promise… ok on a very rare occasion I might miss a post and a followup post in the same thread is ok.
I’m going to close this thread and answer in the first.
Thank you for you help. This helps me better help you.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jacey
Glad to help!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thank in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jacey
All template and Extensions require the Connections Business Directory plugin, free, to be installed.
I installed and activated it so you are good to go now.
Steven Zahm
KeymasterSure, please send them using the contact link at the bottom of the page. Please paste a link to this forum thread so I can relate the two. Thanks!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Damon
The short answer is that I’m aware of this “conflict” between using the category slug and the category ID to query the results. I do have some code, currently disabled, that deals with this but it needs more work before being “turned on”.
Right now the options are:
Turn off the category select in cMap and use the category widget from the Widget Pack. This probably the best option as it’ll make it very easy for search engines to index the directory. The links it create a all “pretty” permalinks.
Or add
force_home='true'to the shortcode. I have not personally tested this, but it should default back to the page permalink with the query vars when switching categories.I removed the site you had cMap registered to, you should now be able to activate the support license.
Hope that helps, please let me know.
My sincerest apologies for overlooking this post and not replying in a timely manner!
-
AuthorPosts
