BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,481 through 8,490 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Business hour #332860
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    The “Business Hours” I believe is being caused by a bug. And I missed making these two strings translation ready:

    • We are currently open.
    • Sorry, we are currently closed.

    If you can attached your translation and let me know what these three string should be translated to. I can fix it and release a bug fix release which will include your translation.

    in reply to: Custom filed hide the name #332858
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. The only way to hide that is to use CSS. Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    .cn-entry-content-block-meta h3 {
      display: none !important;
    }
    
    in reply to: Map in Slim Plus? #332857
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    Sorry, no, Slim Plus does not have a map you will have to change to a template which deos.

    in reply to: Display list of categories #332856
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Sorry, no, the closest is the category widget in the Widget Pack.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Hide a lot of fields #332855
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Sam

    You should add it to the theme’s custom CSS area if it has one. Adding it to the plugin’s CSS file will ensure it gets deleted when it is updated. And you have an error in the CSS. There needs to be a space between none and !important.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: Category page won't switch with dropdown selection #332852
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Damon

    re: One question, does the category widget have an option to display as a dropdown with a scrollbar?

    Sorry, no. You would end up in the same situation it it were an option. Maybe use CSS to define a max-height and set overflow-y to be scroll. Probably a better alternate solutions is something like this. There are many options floating about which convert lists into dropdowns and are responsive compatible.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Permalink and Search Problems #332833
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Marina

    Right now, you can not mix the category drop down and the category permalinks. I have been working on resolving this as you see that category drop down does properly detect a category permalink. But there is still more to do.

    I suggest removing the category drop down filter.

    As for the simple search… It appears you may have the directory page set as the WordPress front page. Is that right? Currently there’s bug in WP that redirects to the posts page when it detects a query on the front page. I do have code in place that attempts to address this but because this is at the very core of WordPress it does not work in all instances. You’ll need to choose a different page for your front page so it is not the directory home page. I hope that makes sense.

    in reply to: Change font-size and colour and update #332832
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ karin

    re: I have the Version 8.1.5 installed and use the “twenty ten” theme. Is it save to update to the 8.2.4 version without losing data?

    Yes, it is safe.

    re: If you remember, you helped me a lot with “repairing” my database.

    Sorry, don’t remember. Honestly, from day to day I can not remember since I have helped so many.

    I think you are referring to this thread.

    re: I just CANNOT REMEMBER, where I made these changes! Can you please point me to the right place?

    I gave you couple options in this reply. I do not know which you chose but that should at least narrow down where to look. Here’s a reply which I gave you some specific CSS to change the postal code size.

    Bottom line, if you did not edit the Connections CSS file in any way, you CSS changes should be safe during an update.

    Hope that helps!

    Let me know.

    in reply to: Custom filed hide the name #332826
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Display tab. In the Content Blocks section, uncheck the Custom Fields option and click the Save Change button. That’ll remove it.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Business hour #332822
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    They would go in this folder:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-hours/languages/

    If that doesn’t work, there could be a bug. If that is the case, please attach a copy of the PO file to a reply. Change .po to .txt before attaching it though otherwise it will be rejected as an invalid file type.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,481 through 8,490 (of 15,332 total)