BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,391 through 8,400 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Alert members to update listing #333994
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jan

    I guess that really depends on what is being used to process memberships on the site and handle payments. I would imagine you would use whatever notifications that are sent by the membership plugin, yes? If the membership plugin has hooks into its email notification, it should be possible to pull the entry info and add it to the email.

    Does that help?

    in reply to: Could not insert term into the database #333988
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ulrich

    I just released version 8.2.7 which addresses this bug. After you update, you might have to deactivate/reactivate Connections so the table will be created.

    in reply to: Phone Number input mask #333985
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rocky

    Since the phone number field does not exist until the add phone button is clicked the input mask added by the Masked Input will not be applied. This is because it is only being applied to fields which exist on the documented loaded event.

    What you need to do is edit the JS for Form, cn-form-user.js and cn-form-user.min.js to add the Masked Input to the field add function. I think simply adding $('.cn-phone').mask('(999) 999-9999'); as the last line to the add function will be enough.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Minor text changes #333984
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jay

    It I have not yet asked…

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Ampersand in URL #333983
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Peter

    Unless I misunderstand the issue, the ampersand is a valid character when using multiple query vars if the URL.

    I would really need to see a link showing the issue to make sure the URL is being properly URL encoded.

    in reply to: Images disappeared #333920
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Bet

    I would not surprise me that the other folders still existed because they would be recreated automatically.

    Since you did find the images and moved them, I did mark this as resolved. Right now, unless I get other reports, this will have to be considered as some odd fluke caused by something. Hopefully not Connections :)

    Thanks for taking the time to bring this to my attention!

    in reply to: Responsive issues #333911
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ steve793

    Yep, you running cMap 2.0.7 which is over 3 years old. You should update that to the latest which is 4.1.

    cMap has its own “profile” page now so you wouldn’t need the separate page that you have for a few of your stylists.

    Also, you might be interested in the free Languages extension.

    Lastly, if I may, you could change the logo cropping method on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Images tab so you do not get the white margins (after you update cMap).

    Hope that helps!

    PS> Any reason to reply as private for the web address? Seems to be a publicly accessible site? I ask, because I like adding sites to the Showcase page.

    in reply to: Initial Sort Order Of Categorys #333910
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Buck

    Sorry, but there is no category grouping. The only way to solve this is to put the the shortcode on the page once for each category. This is a more complex setup because then you need to disable the character index, setup a “Results” page and then use the home_id shortcode option in each shortcode instance so the links within the entry point to the “Results” page.

    in reply to: Map view #333908
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Still a work in progress which is coming along nicely…

    When a user visits the page, it shows entries within the default radius of the user’s current location using HTML5 geolocation. If the user block this, then it’ll fall back to using the geolocation of the IP address. Much less accurate that the former but it’ll be at least within the right region. It also has autocomplete address/postal code radius search.

    The extension can be found here:
    http://sandbox.connections-pro.com/geo-prototype/

    Because it is under active development… it may or may not be working when you visit.

    Since you said you have urgent need. I do have custom development services available. Here’s a link to a site where I built a custom geo search.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kelly

    Hmmm… I think you might be confusing category order with entry order… The category order will only affect the order of the categories when displayed throughout Connections. It does not change the order of the entries assigned to the categories.

    What you need to do to show entries in a specific order is use the order_by shortcode option. See example 2.

    I hope the help clarify the feature a little better. Apologies for any confusion.

Viewing 10 posts - 8,391 through 8,400 (of 15,332 total)