Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Bob
re: I do have the CForm Builder plugin. Can I build the form in CForm and use it in Connections?
Maybe, I am not at all familiar with the CForm Builder plugin. I’m quite certain though it would need to have a custom processor API so you could write a process to insert the data submitted via its form into Connections.
If you want to create specific forms for multiple scenarios, the only option I see is to build the form with the form builder plugin of your choice and manually process the submissions.
Like I said in this reply, the Form extension for Connections is meant to be “plugin play”. The settings it has can be found on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Form tab.
One thing that does confuse me though… You said you want two different forms. One for new submissions the other for editing… why wouldn’t the user be editing the same info that they submitted? I would think that you’d want them to be edit the same info.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ dynaguy
In the template file, change:
$entry->getNameBlock();to:
$entry->getNameBlock( array( 'format' => '%last%, %first%' ) );Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Bet
This description, especially this part; “all of the images for 27 were inside that folder – the year uploads, as well as connections-images” Seems to indicate someone accidentally moved the 27 folder to be within the 28 folder and not a failure or bug within Connections. I only say that because there is no code in Connections to move the entire folder structure structure like that. Just copying images from the older folder to the new.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MeesterExecuteurs
The only way to do this is to edit the template. Here’s a QuickTip that explains how to alter the core templates in an update safe way.
YOu’ll want to copy this templates folder to the plugins folder:
../wp-content/plugins/connections/templates/profile/Then you want the edit the card function to the table layout your want.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Joe
Sorry, saw the screenshot, instantly forgot about the link. Good to hear you have a working solution though.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Joe
You’d have to share a link to the page in question. It’s likely just some CSS that needs tweaked but without being able to see it, I’d just be throwing our guesses.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Joe
Add the
show_alphaindexoption to the shortcode:That should do it.
05/08/2015 at 11:56 am in reply to: Website Users To Add Their Own Business Directory Entry? #333770Steven Zahm
KeymasterSteven Zahm
Keymaster@ Joe
Like this:
[connections id=x home_id=y]Here are the two relevant doc pages:
- http://connections-pro.com/documentation/connections/shortcodes/shortcode-connections/id/
- http://connections-pro.com/documentation/connections/shortcodes/shortcode-connections/home_id/
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kasper
Sorry, not sure I understand the question. There is already logic in place to check if an education level is set or not and it will only display if one is set.
You do not need to add this to the template:
$entry->getContentBlock( 'education_level' );Just go to the Connections : Settings admin page, click the Display tab and choose if you want it display under the Result List Content Blocks and/or the Single Entry Content Blocks.
Hope that helps!
-
AuthorPosts
