BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,981 through 7,990 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Panel Background Color #339631
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ indy1003

    Please see the doc page, the Configuring the Grid section.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Gridder Rows and Contact Info #339626
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ indy1003

    re: Is there anyway to change the heading for the address? The default is “Home” when I would prefer it to say “Address”

    See the doc page under the Changing the Label Text section.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Gridder Rows and Contact Info #339624
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ indy1003

    That looks like that is correct. I suggest looking at the page source. I suspect the address is being output. One thing I’ve completely forgotten about… you’ll need to add some CSS to set the font-size and line-height for the address otherwise it”’ be set 0 for both which will cause it not to display.

    in reply to: A few questions/issues? #339619
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    re: First

    I’ assuming that this question is actually related to Form and not cMap, correct?

    First, the page where users can submit entries requires a login, can you give me a temp user account so I can see the issue?

    I see you have Form 2.0.2 installed. You should update to the latest, which is 2.2. There has been many updates and fixes. Before debugging the issue further, I’d like to see if latest version corrects the issue.

    re: Second

    Again, before debugging this further, please update Form. I’m guessing you must have Link installed too, please make sure that is up to date too. The current version is 2.0.3. Actually, while you are at it, you should update cMap too. You have version 4.0 installed while 4.1 is current.

    If you are not being notified of updates, please make sure your support license keys on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Licenses tab have been entered.

    re: I have a new user role question. In my WP general settings, the new user default role is currently set to contributor. Is it possible to change this to subscriber?

    This is a WP settings, not Connections… to change it select Subscriber from the choices and save the changes. If you are unable to save the change, then something else is breaking that for you and it would be impossible for me to know what and how to fix it.

    re: Is it possible to have a separate registration for the directory?

    Can you elaborate?

    re: ERROR: Image path /home/shopburnet/public_html/wp-content/uploads/connections-images/cn-id-0/image.jpg does not exist.

    That error is pretty self explaining… If you login via FTP to the site, does the image exists or not? Do you have an entry named cn-id-0? The is a very odd name to give an entry. Is that a test entry of something? If you have an entry named that, is it possible someone manually deleted the image. I suspect that because the other entries seem to be displaying their image and logo fine.

    in reply to: I need help here! #339615
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Apologies! I never say or was notified of your other post. I’m going to close this one and post my answers to the other thread.

    in reply to: styling templates and search results #339607
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Joe

    re: custom css file

    Since the Bio Card template does not have a “core” CSS file, the card-bio-custom.css will not be loaded because they can only be loaded as a dependency of the template’s “core” CSS file.

    If you change the name to card-bio.css it will load just fine.

    re: Now that I have the column and text formatting in good shape, I’m wondering if there’s a shortcode or other way to move the “Submit New Entry” link to another page.

    Sorry, no, there is not a way to move this link. I get many requests for this so I will be adding other ways to create this link in future versions. ETS is unknown at this point.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Remove or Edit Field Labels-cmap #339606
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Reshma

    re: Please can you advise how I can remove or change field labels for cmap?
    I want to remove/ change for e.g Website , Work , Work phone etc

    Please see this FAQ. The str_***** that it talks about can be found on the doc page for cMap.

    re: Also for custom fields, I would like to remove the label completely. If not am I able to change the wordings of this field label.

    Use CSS to hide it. Add the following to your theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-cmap .cn-entry-content-block-meta h3 {
      display: none;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Education Level – hide alternativ #339604
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    Yes, you can remove as many as you wish pretty easily by using a filter. Here’s how…

    Install the Code Snippets plugin and add a new snippet with the following code:

    add_filter( 'cn_education_level_options', 'cn_remove_education_levels' );
    
    function cn_remove_education_levels( $options ) {
    
      unset( $options['45'] );
    
      // Add additional unset() statements for each level you would like to remove.
    
      return $options;
    }
    

    Save and activate the new snippet.

    in reply to: Add my own filed in Forms #339603
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Anna

    The card.php file for cMap can be found here:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-cmap/

    in reply to: Name hyperlink not working when ticked #339433
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mark

    Ok, yes, I know what you mean. There really not a “fix” because back to directory is really fuzzy/dynamic. Suppose you having multiple pages each with their own directory. Users do this all the time by splitting up categories to create “unique” directories on separate pages. I can not create a static link because back to directory could mean many things. The only solution I’ve been able to come up with is tying it to the browser back button. This is effective since most of the time that is how users will be browsing. It’s not perfect in all uses cases but it is the only solution I’ve been able to come up with.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,981 through 7,990 (of 15,332 total)