Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Mark
Yeah, I did see the password but I did not see anyway of using it.
The back to directory link… how else should it work?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Ralph
Are you talking able the “Custom Fields” metabox shown on the add/edit entry form in the admin? The metabox is only for admins while in the admin. Sorry, but it will not display on the site frontend in Form.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Mark
The page is protected so I can’t see it… that said, it appears you are using Excerpt Plus, is that correct? If that is the case, it is working as designed assuming I correctly understand the issue. You can change this behavior. Read this FAQ to learn how.
Hope that helps!
PS/ Thanks for the review!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Cathy
The good news this is mostly easy. Every template available on this site is actually running on this site!
The first thing you need to know is how to use the template shortcode option. This option allows you to override the activate templates.
The second bit is explained in this FAQ. The FAQ is targeted at cMap but will work just as well with Tile Plus.
That’s all it should take, hope that helps!
07/03/2015 at 8:54 am in reply to: Make user's image in directory list link to their profile page? #339425Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Studio Collective
Almost 9000… I expect to be over 10000 by end of year!
Yes this could easily be done in the template code. The only “gotcha” would be if someone assigned a link to either the image or logo by accident. You would end of a link within a link which would be invalid.
I think the code would be like this (untested):
$href = $entry->getPermalink(); $image = $entry->getImage( array( 'return' => true ) ); printf( '<a href="%1$s">%2$s</a>', $href, $image );Unfortunately, after looking at my code, the necessary filters do not exist so that this could be done with the Code Snippets plugin. The make this update “safe-ish” you could follow the instructions in this QuickTip.
Hope that helps!
07/02/2015 at 9:29 am in reply to: Custom templates, fields, favorites lists, and functionality #339339Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Roger
re: Would it be possible to use the same email for creating each of those users so we don’t need a separate email for each profile?
Directory entries in Connections is not tied to a WP user account so it does not care if you use the same email address for all entries. That said… it you want the users to be able to edit “their” entry in the future, that would be a requirement. The entry would have to have a matching email address for the user logged in.
re: Can we just create directory listings without actual users tied to them?
Yep, this is how it works by default.
re: How does he plugin deal with user roles?
Can you be more specific as to the need?
re: The profiles will need to have several custom fields that users can use to filter search options (i.e. education level, height, hair color, hobbies, etc.). I gather we may need to use a custom template for that? Is that something you can help with if needed?
This would require the development of the related custom fields and a method to filter entries by the user selected criteria. I have nothing available to do this out of box so it would require something custom developed to meet your specific requirements.
It might be much easier to categories to do this. I’ve done other custom Connections project that have use categories to create a something similar in functionality that you are describing.
re: How secure is the protection of the information? We will have an SSL cert installed, but the information is private (medical purposes) and security is important.
If you add all entries as private and require WP user to login to view the directory I believe the entry details to be fairly secured.
re: Is there a way that users can add profiles to a ‘favorite’ list?
Sorry, no. If you are going to require login, I’;m sure something could be custom developed to meet your needs.
re: would you be able to help on an hourly basis?
I am available for custom development project for Connections.
Hope that answers your questions thoroughly.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Douglas
re: I don’t see a link to edit existing entries.
The edit entry link would be on the entry profile page. I see you are using the Slim Plus template … this particular template does not display a link to that profile page.
I can give you some code a cobbled together for another user which adds a shortcode that will output a “Edit My Entry” link. Would you like that code?
re: When I’m not logged in at all, the Directory page shows the list of entries, but it doesn’t have any links for editing.
Ummm, yeah… you wouldn’t want just anyone to be able to edit your directory would you?
re: When I log in as an Employee (custom role), the Directory page only shows the drop down for categories and ‘No results’.
Go to the Connections : Roles admin page, click the “Reset All Role Capabilities” option and then click the update button. now re-add the Edit Entry Moderated capability to the Employee role. Do this on the Connections : Roles admin page not what ever third party plugin you are using to manage custom roles.
re: On this page, I will have downloads for various HR forms, and I’m hoping to include the ability for them to view/edit their Connections entry. Do you think this is something I am going to be able to do?
Like I said, the add/edit links for Connections will only show on the page where you directory is. The code I mentioned previously would allow you to add at least the edit my entry link on your hr page. Actually this code was developed for the other user specifically to meet a similar need.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Alicia
No problem!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Walt
No problem!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Walt
Ah, didn’t now Excel continue to stip the leading 0 when saving as a CSV. Good to know.
I tend to use LibreOffice… I have not tested exporting a CSV with leading 0’s from it specifically, but at the same time, I don’t remember it ever being an issue after setting the cell formatting.
-
AuthorPosts
