Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Matthew
Thanks for the feedback! I decided to change the default to display the date on the two upcoming widgets and change the label of the option to indicate the date or image can be selected. I’m thinking that make it much more lear.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Richard
Oh so you are asking for the Visual Composer stuff to be accessible to the bio and notes fields? Or… asking that the Connections shortcode should show up in the Visual Composer Map Shortcode feature. Or both? Apologies if I’m not understanding! I’ve only ever used it briefly on other sites while providing support for Connections. Basically my experience is finding the correct text block that the user added the Connections shortcode to so I could modify options they may have (or not) set.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ wendy
re: I’ve been trying to reformat the alpha list however the style sheet edits are not working even when including !Important. I’m able to change using developer tools on my browser but not in my stylesheet.
Looking at styles.css file I see you have this:
media="all" #cn-list div.cn-alphaindex { font-size: 30px !Important; position: relative; bottom: 0; right: 0; }Remove the `media=”all”:
#cn-list div.cn-alphaindex { font-size: 30px !Important; position: relative; bottom: 0; right: 0; }The
!importantflag should also be in all lowercase.re: My client has asked if there was a way to change the style of the view-all (cn-names?) template to look more like the slim-plus template. She basically wants the view all list to look exactly like the slim-plus list except without a record limit.
Technically this is possible. Probably the easiest way is copy the
slim-plus.cssfile and paste it in this folder:../wp-content/uploads/connections-templates/names/Neither the
connections-templatesor thenamesfolder will exist, you’ll have to create them.Now rename
slim-plus.csstonames.css. This will now override the default styles applied to the Names template which is used to render the View All page.Open this new
names.cssand change all the selectors to be#cn-namesinstead of#cn-slim-plus.Lastly you’ll have to change the selectors accordingly because these two templates have a different HTML structure.
re: we would like to include the search box on the view-all list, along with a link to go back to the directory.
Although technically feasible this is not easily achievable and would require a bit of hacking the core plugins files. Which means these changes would be lost on a plugin update. But more importantly it a bit more involved than what can be given in a support forum reply. I do provide custom development solutions if you are interested.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Richard
What visual composer buttons? What “connectiona editing area“? You mean on the Add/Edit entry admin pages? If that is what you mean, I do not see why any Visual Composer stuff should be added to that page as none of it would be relevant. That page is to add data to Connections, not style it. That is what the templates are for.
08/04/2015 at 10:20 am in reply to: Move "Go back to directory" and "Add to Address Book" to the bottom #342129Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ janet
I’ve never done it, but it should be possible. Here’s how…
Install the Code Snippets plugin.
Add a new snippet with the following code:
add_action( 'cn_list_before_body', 'cn_remove_entry_actions' ); function cn_remove_entry_actions() { remove_action( 'cn_entry_actions', array( 'cnTemplatePart', 'entryActions' ) ); add_action( 'cn_action_entry_actions-after', array( 'cnTemplatePart', 'entryActions' ), 10, 2 ); add_action( 'cn_entry_actions-after', array( 'cnTemplatePart', 'entryActions' ), 10, 2 ); }Save and activate the snippet. The entry actions should now be listed at the bottom.
Hope that helps!
08/04/2015 at 10:10 am in reply to: Array to string error when filtering by Category on mobile #342128Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Scott
You can use the same email address as the one used as the from email address on the automatic email replies from the forum notifications (don’t want to post it publicly so it can be scraped by spambots). Alternatively, you can use any old fake email address since it’ll be temp account that will you’ll delete after I’m done debugging.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Elaine
If you add the Category widget to the the Connections Widget Shortcode Sidebar on the Widgets admin page. After you configure and click save, you’ll be given a shortcode which you can use to embed the category list on any page/post. You can then put this page in your sites Nav instead of the directory page that way your users will visit this page and then be lead to the directory page after they click a category.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Chuck
Yes, that is what many others do to. Good to hear you found a solution that works for you.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kevin
I just replied to you in the other thread:
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kevin
To get the city and country on the same line follow the instructions given to Eric in this reply:
Hope that helps!
-
AuthorPosts
