BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,791 through 7,800 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Larry

    Yes, I believe these will resolve themselves… I think the white thumbs are the result of the page taking too long to load so the white is just a thumb of that blank screen you see until the page is loaded. My guess is the service only waits so long before doing the capture.

    Honestly though… this is the first time I’ve seen this. I just checked my template demo pages and there are some white thumbs there too. So maybe there was a change in the wordpress.org service that creates the thumbs recently… my best guess as I do not have any control over the service that actually creates the thumbs.

    I’ll keep an eye on it and if it seems like it is becoming too unreliable, I’ll have to retire SiteShot.

    in reply to: Revolution slider #342282
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    I happen to have a theme which has rev slider included…

    Welp, I’m pretty good at debugging, but this one has me stumped!

    I stripped away just about all template HTML, removed all CSS and other filters applied to the notes and only output the notes which had only the rev slider shortcode and it still would not render the slider correctly.

    Like I said something is messing up the offsets or maybe not correctly settings heights. I noticed many slider elements had a height of 0 and they shouldn’t.

    One thing I did figure out… if I added the same slider to the page before the [connections] shortcode both slider would work fine which to say the least is very odd.

    wait, wait, wait…

    I just stumbled on the solution!

    On the Rev Slider admin page, there is a Global Settings button in the upper right of the page… across from the logo.

    Click that.

    In the popup window set the Include RevSlider libraries globally option to on and click the Update button.

    Now the slider should work!!! At least for me it does.

    They must check the page before it is loaded to see if the their shortcode is on it so they only load their libraries on pages where the shortcode exists. Since the shortcode in bio/notes field does not exist in the page, it would not find it to load the libraries.

    You can accomplish the same thing by setting the Pages to include RevSlider libraries option.

    Hope that helps!

    I’m going to add this as a FAQ so if any one runs into this I have it documented.

    in reply to: Profile Page #342272
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brett

    Sorry, no. It would actually take quite ab it of custom code to implement something like that.

    in reply to: Visual Composer #342264
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    Thanks for the screenshots… definitely helps clear things up.

    First, the missing style controls. Yes, I have that done on purpose, by design because the same form control is also used on the front end of the site so I have it pretty “locked down” for security. That said, I have slowly changing this basing what is accessible on user capabilities. The most recent change being that if the user has the unfiltered_html capability (admins) can add any HTML. I do plan on making the necessary changes to allow admin use the expanded visual editor.

    As for Visual Composer, I don’t have it or the funds to purchase it right now. when I do, I look into if it is possible to integrate it compatibility. Really, that’ll boil down to it they made it possible to use it on instances of the the visual editor initiated by plugins on their admin pages.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Larry

    The SiteShot extension uses wordpress.org mshot to create the thumbnails. These thumbs are created and cached by that service for 24–48 hours. If the site is down or at the time of creating the thumbnail, you’ll see the 404 thumbnail until the cache expires and the thumbnail is recreated. I have no control over the cached files and their expiration.

    I browsed the first 5-6 pages of your directory and I think there are only 4 404/s and 2 “blanks” when visiting those sites half were (still?) down, so, everything does seem in order order… unless I am misunderstanding the issue.

    I hope that helps!

    in reply to: CSV Import: cannot map column to custom field #342262
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    Here’s a pretty thorough and in depth post on how to import custom meta:

    http://connections-pro.com/2015/03/19/quicktip-csv-import-custom-meta-fields/

    Hope that helps? AQPA

    in reply to: Profile Page #342260
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brett

    Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and change the Date Format under the Display tab to F jS.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: turn on/off Bio, Notes display default #342192
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    Great to hear you have it resolved.

    in reply to: Centering Photos #342140
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brett

    When the images are dynamically created for use in the template the original will be cropped based on the center of the image so the image size does not matter as much as the centering of the person in the image. Does that make sense?

    So, for best results, I recommend cropping your images so the face of the person is closer to the center of the image before uploading them. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Thumnail Size #342139
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brett

    How to adjust the image size is on the doc page in the Layout Configuration : Image Size section.

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/template-doc/circled-shortcode-options/

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,791 through 7,800 (of 15,332 total)