BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,811 through 7,820 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Label on categories drop down #342122
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ janet

    Yes, this can be changed. You can use the str_select shortcode option, like so:

    [connections str_select="Select Category"]

    The instructions can be found on the doc page for Gridder in the Configuring the Profile Page, Changing the Label Text section.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Visual Composer #342121
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    The Connections data is not saved as a CPT, instead it uses custom tables where the schema is optimized for directory data. The CPT schema is optimized for posts.

    in reply to: Latest Entries Widget #342120
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    No problem!

    in reply to: Revolution slider #342119
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    Oh, it it helps, the bio field text is run through all the same core WP filters that WP post content is. I wonder if the slider portion needs to be somehow run after those filters. That’s something ThemePunch would know.

    in reply to: Revolution slider #342118
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    I afraid you’ll have to ask ThemePunch support… I can get the slider elements to display by adding position:absolute to the slider container divs. I came to that because I noticed the slider items were being positioned under the slider “viewport”. That is about all I can do because much of the inline style attributes are calculated and real time using javascript so any changes I make are “reset” in a few seconds, as the slides change.

    My best guess is something is throwing off the calculations Rev Slider creates to set positioning. I sure since ThemePunch knows their product they might have an idea what the solution would be. If there are any tweaks that I need to make to Connections, I’ll make them. I just don’t see what they would be.

    One question, I see you created your own custom template… just to eliminate another variable, does this also happen with the Default Template or any of the other than come with Connections?

    in reply to: Visual Composer #342073
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    How do you mean? I’ve assisted many users which have Visual Composer and Connections worked just fine.

    in reply to: Revolution slider #342072
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    Could you share a link to the page having the issue?

    in reply to: Categories showing up as 404 errors #342032
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Elaine

    Great to hear!

    fyi… the next version of Connections, 8.4, the Table Format template will be removed. It will instead default use the Default Entry Card template. This is because it becomes obsolete/redendant with the forthcoming Template Customizer. You might want o plan to switching to the template before this Friday. If you really want to continue using the Table Format template, this free extension can be installed to restore it.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Latest Entries Widget #342023
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    Oh, I see… yes all the logic for the title is if it is empty/none use the default title.

    Using CSS to hide it is one way. Another way would be to use the Say What? plugin. Using this plugin you could set the default title to be nothing. Here’s here…

    Install the Say What? plugin.
    Add a new text change.
    Set the Original string to Recently Added.
    Set the Text domain to connections_widgets.
    Set the New string to blank/empty and save.
    Now when you add the Recently Added widget with no title the default title should be blank.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Show Default List By Categories Instead Of By Nam #342018
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chuck

    Sorry, but there is not a way to effectively display the directory grouped by category while being scalable and searchable. With small directories, ones that can easily fit all entries on a single page it is doable by utilizing the shortcode for each category but I do not believe this could be done in an automated fashion where it woulds be scalable to hundreds/thousands of categories and their respective entries.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,811 through 7,820 (of 15,332 total)