BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,741 through 7,750 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    Oh, I should mention… if you edit the template files as described above, those changes will be universal across all instances of the shortcode where the cMap template is being used.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    Yes, you would add a new page and add a new instance of the shortcode. This is how many others create multiple directories using Connections on their site.

    in reply to: Display registered users from the website #342883
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Chad

    Sorry, no, Connections does not automatically import registered WP users to create is directory.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    re: Is this the only way to only show the Parent and not the Child categories?

    Yes, the include parameter will limit the drop down to only the categories listed (by ID). This will not affect the actual entries shown. You still would use the category shortcode option for that. I mention that in case it is relevant to what you want to do.

    re: What if I only want to show the Parent and Child but not the sub_Child? For example, Federal (parent) Agency (child) Cyber (sub-child) What shortcode would I use?

    You would use the depth parameter, setting it to 3, like so:

    $atts = array(
        'default'    => self::$atts['str_select'],
        'select_all' => self::$atts['str_select_all'],
        'type'       => self::$atts['enable_category_multi_select'] ? 'multiselect' : 'select',
        'group'      => self::$atts['enable_category_group_by_parent'],
        'show_count' => self::$atts['show_category_count'],
        'show_empty' => self::$atts['show_empty_categories'],
        'parent_id'  => self::$atts['enable_category_by_root_parent'] ? self::$atts['category'] : array(),
        'exclude'    => self::$atts['exclude_category'],
        'depth'      => 3,
        );
    

    Again, this will only affect the drop down, not the entries listed. Also, you can not use this together with the include parameter because when you use include you are “cherry picking” select categories from the hierarchy so the depth will not apply.

    Hope that answers your questions.

    in reply to: Adding a community forum #342858
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Adrian

    Yes, the Link extension. And, depending on if you block admin access for your subscriber or not, you might need the Form extension too which would allow the subscribers to edit their linked entry from the frontend.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Allen

    re: Is there a template you would recommend I use?

    really, any template which supports pagination will do, cMap is the most popular. I’d say choose based on the design you like best. I do not recommend the Excerpt, Slim or Tile templates as they do not support pagination, however, their Plus variants do so they would work.

    All the templates have live demos and links to live sites using them to give you idea how they look and function.

    re: Once I change the template is there anything I need to do to the shortcode on the page I would like it to be displayed on?

    Honestly, that depends on the template and what you want to do. I would say shortcode options are optional.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Adding new entry #342856
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ William

    I’m guess this question actually relates to the Form extension and not the Circled template (the support forum this is posted in). Is that correct?

    If the buttons are not allowing you to add an address, etc, then the theme or another plugin is causing a fatal javascript error on the page. When an error like this occurs all scripts that come after will not run.

    If you share a link with me to the page with the issue I’ll take a look.

    You can view any errors by opening the page up in Chrome, hitting the F12 key and then clicking the Console tab. All errors will be listed here. Often the error and/or the file path of the file causing the error can be used to determine which plugin or theme is causing the error.

    Hope that helps. Please let me know.

    in reply to: Presales Question #342853
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Thomas

    No, cMap does not add the ability to add custom fields… it has to be done with programming. Hope that answers your question.

    in reply to: Gridder template bio excerpt section #342852
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Susie

    Well, technically it is possible. You would have to edit the template’s PHP file and insert the command to display the addresses. If you have same basic PHP knowledge and would be comfortable making the change, I can give you directions.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Two Connections at once? #342851
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jack

    Yep, very easily achievable with Connections and cMap. You’ll need to use the category shortcode option and possibly the exclude_category shortcode option.

    Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,741 through 7,750 (of 15,332 total)