BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,571 through 7,580 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Customizing Fields #345486
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ anja

    Great to hear!

    in reply to: Multiple Directories #345485
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jennifer

    This is already quite doable. Many users do this, here’s one example. Sorry that I do not have a link to his site to show you.

    You can do this by separating categories to create virtual directories. This FAQ is for cMap but it applies to all templates which feature user category filtering.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: All letters in the index #345483
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jennifer

    Sorry, this is not possible… actually once upon a time this is how it use to work but quite often I was asked to have it work the way it does now. This is actually the first request I have for the opposite. Sorry, but it is unlikely I’ll go back.

    in reply to: Bug when using shortcode twice on same page #345482
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    re: Can you think of a solution?

    Yes, many users do this type of setup. To resolve this you can use either the force_home OR home_id shortcode options so the links resolve to another page where you only have the shortcode on it once.

    Hope that helps. Let me know.

    in reply to: Fees #345481
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ William

    re: Is there any way to have the photo be clicked on and then it is enlarged for better viewing?

    Sorry, no. Most templates allow you to make the image larger. Which template are you using?

    in reply to: Logo/Images do not display #345480
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    Good to hear you solved it. Odd you did not get an error message though. Something like no editor found or some such should have been shown after uploading an image.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Susan

    Lets see…

    re: I want to show 5 random entries from a particular category as a faculty spotlight section – since they’re random every visit or refresh will display a different selection. page_limit=’5′ order_by=’id|RANDOM’ works, but only if I leave pagination enabled, which I don’t want. Is there a way to do it without pagination?

    Use this shortcode instead:

    [connections limit='5' order_by='id|RANDOM']

    re: Is there a way to have the bio section showing on page load with a shortcode option? Or to do the same thing with a custom field? I’m using a modified version of cMap, so I can edit the template, but I don’t want this change everywhere.

    When you say, “I don’t want this change everywhere.“; does that mean you only want it “open” for specific entries? I’d say this would be possible with custom fields. In pseudo code… if ‘custom field’ equals true then show “bio field”. Is that what you want?

    re: The template includes a line to ‘getContentBlock’, but there’s no corresponding field in the entry screen. Is there a way to enter ‘Content’?

    Content block do not refer to a field rather that is a pluggable dynamic section. For example both the Contact extension and the Hours extension add content blocks which can be enabled and ordered on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Display tab. The Contact extension would show its content block if enabled and the business hours would show if it is enabled. Hope that makes sense!

    in reply to: Remove "Notes" label #345456
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dave

    No problem! If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Remove "Notes" label #345437
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dave

    I’m assuming your are using the Default Entry Card template? If so, this will work:

    .cn-notes > h4 {
        display: none;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Customizing Fields #345434
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ anja

    re: How can I remove the Image block completely?

    You can do this using the Template Customizer. Here’s how…

    • Go to the Connections : Templates admin page.
    • Click the Customize button for the Default Entry Card template.
    • Navigate to the Image panel in the Customizer.
    • Select None for the Image Type.
    • Click an entry name, any entry name, in the preview.
    • Select None for the Image Type.
    • Click the Save and Publish button.

    Now now image will be shown.

    If you want to display an image if exists, instead of change the Image Type to None, uncheck the Image Placeholder option.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,571 through 7,580 (of 15,332 total)