Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Scott
I can not quite determine which page ID you want to use, here my best guess…
On the original source page you want this:
<h2>Full-time</h2> [connections template='gridder' id='1276,1241,1242,1419,1243,1279' order_by='id|SPECIFIED' background_color='#4A2C7B' color=fff image_width='200' image_height='250' excerpt_length=100 show_alphaindex='FALSE' show_alphahead='FALSE' str_note_head='' home_id=3224] <h2>Part-time</h2> [connections template='gridder' id='1292,1165' order_by='id|SPECIFIED' background_color='#4A2C7B' color=fff image_width='200' image_height='250' excerpt_length=100 show_alphaindex='FALSE' show_alphahead='FALSE' str_note_head='' home_id=3224]On the destination page (ID 3224) you need this and only this:
[connections]Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Javier
Sorry, no, I have not yet written the code to do that.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ William
Can you share a link so I can take a look? Also, what is the exact shortcode you are using?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Javier
You can use the following function:
$entry->getCategoryBlock( array( 'separator' => ', ' ) );Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ William
Ahhh.. Excerpt plugs is one of the templates that force the image size in order to maintain the design. It can not be easily enlarged. Sorry.
As for pagination, Excerpt Plus does this by default, by default it shows 20 entries per page.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ David
re: Maybe you should use “graphics editor” instead of just editor
It is actually a core WordPress error message So I can change. I just have Connections show it rather than silently failing.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ LM
Sorry, but the Title and Department fields do not show a label. The only way to add a label would be to edit the core PHP files for Connections and that is not recommended because any changes to those files will be lost on a plugin update.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Steven
Doing the revslider per entry per entry would require a custom field to be developed or some other way to “link” a slider set to an entry. The placement you show in the image would not be possible. The entry actions links would either have to come before the slider or after the entry.
As for the bio and notes… You can already show these, here’s how…
Go to the Connections : Templates admin page.
Click the Customize button for the Default Entry Card template.
Enable the bio and notes fields.
Click any name in the Customizer preview and then enable the bio and notes fields.
Click the Save and Publish button.Hope that helps.
09/03/2015 at 5:52 pm in reply to: Pagination, Entries per page, Show Bio default, ContentBlock #345488Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Susan
re: I want it open on specific pages/lists. All the other places I’m currently using this template by shortcode I want the default behavior
Hmmm… the only way I can think of doing this is by adding your own custom shortcode option.
Look at how the
enable_bio_headis created and setup in the PHP files for the template. When you have a new shortcode option added you can then check for it in thecard.phpfile. If it is true you can set thecn-bio-traydivto display as ablockrather thannone.Is that enough direction to get you on your way?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ anja
Ok, you can work around this bug by using the Template Customizer, here’s how…
- Go to the Connections : Templates admin page.
- Click the Customize button for the Default Entry Card template.
- Navigate to the Advanced panel.
- Enter
'%label% %line1% %line2% %line3% %zipcode% %city% %state% %country%'for the address format. - Click the Save and Publish button.
-
AuthorPosts
