BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,551 through 7,560 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Disable Search-Field #345866
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Go to the Connections : Templates admin page.

    Click the Customize button for cMap.

    Navigate to the Search panel in the Customizer. Tip, click the back arrow < in the upper left.

    Uncheck the search option.

    Click the Save and Publish button.

    Hoe that helps!

    in reply to: You are searching within category(ies): …. #345861
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    You can disable this feedback on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Display tab. Disable the “Show Clear Search Message” option.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: siteshot OR logo #345858
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Yvonne

    Yes. Sort, more like the reverse. If a logo does not exist, then the SiteShot will be displayed.

    These instructions apply for the cMap template which I am assuming is what you are using.

    Edit the page where you inserted the [connections] shortcode.

    Change the shortcode to this:
    [connections image_fallback='siteshot']

    Go to the Connections : Templates admin page.

    Click the Customize button for the cMap template.

    Navigate to the Image panel.

    Select the Logo for the image type.

    Click and entry name, any entry, in the Customizer preview.

    Select the Logo for the image type.

    Click the Save and Publics button

    Click the “x” to exit the Template Customizer.

    With these changes, the logo will be displayed if their is on and if there is not, then the SiteShot image will be shown.

    Hope this helps!

    in reply to: Renewed license but give new license key #345857
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robinton

    Unfortunately I was not able to duplicate the error on the site… this is what I did to try to replicate:

    1. I clicked the renewal link included in the renewal email notice. The cart loaded with the item with the renewal discount applied.
    2. I copied the support license key from the renewal email notice. Add the item to the cart. Click the renewal link, pasted the key and clicked the apply button the renewal discount was applied.

    Because the purchase that was made was a “new” purchase instead of a “renewal” purchase, you received all new support license keys and paid full price instead of the discounted renewal price.

    Here’s what I’m going to do fix it for you…

    I’m going to refund you the amount you should have received as a discount, $15 (minus the PayPal transaction fee of about .40). I then will “cancel” this purchase. I will then manually renew your original purchase for another year + additional 3 months for your trouble. The new expiration will be 12/09/2016.

    When this is completed, the new support license keys you received will be invalid and you will be able to continue to use your existing support license keys.

    Again, my apologies that there was an issue when purchasing a renewal.

    in reply to: Renewed license but give new license key #345856
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robinton

    First, thanks for your initial purchase and you’re renewal of the support. I know the renewal function does work because others throughout the day every day purchase renewals without issue. So I’m not sure what went wrong with your renewal.

    I’m looking into this right now and will make the necessary changes to get this resolved.

    in reply to: Picture/images not uploading #345670
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Enrique

    re: thank you for your help

    No problem, glad to help!

    re: How much do I owe you?

    Well, I have no method to accept donations or collect fees for support other than through purchases. If you’d like to thank me monetarily, making a purchase of any of the items for sale would be great.

    Another way which would be great is to leave a review. They really do make a difference and it would be truly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Adjusting the panel size #345575
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    re: if there’s only 1 grid on a row, and I click the + sign to open the panel, the panel will take as much space as the width of 4 grids

    Actually it’ll be as wide as the theme’s content area is wide. This is done on purpose. When I originally released Gridder, I didn’t test for single wide. What would happen is the panel would only be as wide as the one grid making the panel content very squished. I added logic to the code to detect 1 wide so there would be no width constraints.

    re: But if there’s only 2 or 3 grids, then the panel takes only the width of 2 or 3 grids.

    This is by design and was very intentional. Each instance of Gridder checks to see how many fit in a row and then limits the panel width to the row width. You really only notice this because you have Gridder twice on the same page with only a few entries… most users only have it on the page once with many more entries… For the couple entries you are showing… maybe Gridder is not the best choice, Maybe Circle would look better… since you are only showing a couple entries, perhaps enlarging the image size will look better, especially since you have all that available whitespace top the right.

    re: How can I ensure that the panel always takes the width of 4 grids?

    Sorry, no. It took quite a bit of work to get it to function the way it does. One of the primary reasons for this design is to be responsive theme friendly. So removing this would be taking more than two steps back feature and functionality wise.

    Hope that explains it clearly.

    in reply to: Picture/images not uploading #345571
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Enrique

    I was able to fix this. Your site was setup to PHP safe mode. After disabling this feature the image upload worked correctly.

    There is no harm is disabling this feature. The authors of PHP actually even removed this feature in PHP 5.4. Your host is running PHP 5.3 where the feature was deprecated.

    Contrary to the name of the feature it does not really make PHP safe or provide any “real” security. This is something that you web host has already taken care of the server level. You can read more about safe mode if you want in this excellent article:

    https://ilia.ws/archives/18_PHPs_safe_mode_or_how_not_to_implement_security.html

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Fees #345570
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ William

    I see the issue. It is because you have index.php in your permalink setup. Go to the WordPress Permalinks settings admin page and remove that from your permalink configuration. Connections is not compatible with that structure. Changing not only brings Connections compatibility, it also create more SEO friendly permalinks.

    re: “I’m not posting code.”

    Uhm… why would you not share the shortcode with me??? Depending on what options you use with the shortcode can have direct affect on what does and does not work.

    Anyway, I hope that helps!

    in reply to: Upgraded to 8.4.2 and a problem cropped up #345566
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ carolin

    Sounds like a CSS conflict or something. May an older browser cached version was being loaded instead.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,551 through 7,560 (of 15,332 total)