BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,541 through 7,550 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Main Directory Page #346037
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kory

    re: Normally, when you look at the main page of a web directory, you see the categories listed with the number of listing next to the names of the categories.

    those that follow the “old” trends, yes. Take for example Amazon. You do not land on a page of departments, another word for categories. The focus is the products. I take a similar approach with Connections

    re: Is this not available in Connections, or am I missing something?

    All the templates available on this site offer the user the ability to filter by category. the cMap template is bar far the most popular. If you’d like a list of categories as many do, there is the category widget that comes as part of the Widget Pack. Either can be a very effective solution depending on your needs.

    I hope that helps!

    in reply to: Color Customization #346036
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dedra

    re: Is there a way to customize the color of the arrow / border on this view of the Slim Plus template?

    There’s a shortcode option you can set to change the color. Here’s the link to the section in the documentation:

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/slim-plus/#How_do_I_change_the_color_from_blue

    Hope that helps! Let me know. Thanks!

    in reply to: Problem adding entries #346035
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    What I can tell you by looking at this screenshot is some other plugin is behaving rather badly (in my opinion). All plugins should limit their scripts, CSS and JavaScript to their own admin pages. One plugin is not and is loading on the Connections admin pages. This is creating at least two issues. The first, the minor annoyance of messing up the page layout. That is why the buttons look the way they do. The second issue, that other plugin creating a fatal javascript error on the the Connections admin pages which is breaking the buttons that allow adding address and such.

    What you’ll need to do is deactivate all other plugins one at a time until the issue goes away. Once the issue does go away, the last plugin deactivate was the one causing the issue. You should then be able to reactivate any other plugins you deactivated.

    Hope that helps. Let me know which plugin is causing he issue so I can look into it. Thanks!

    in reply to: Use of tags for displaying contextual entries #346034
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Neill

    Well, Connections does not supported tags. It is a feature in WordPress most people do not even use so I have not been in a hurry to add support for them. If they feature were added, the tags would be unique to Connections too. Just like the categories are.

    That said… Connections does have a rather unique feature that I added a long time again… it should still work perfectly. It is the wp_current_category shortcode option. This sounds like it might be something that would work for your needs.

    Does that help?

    in reply to: Search compatible with google search tools #346033
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dwight

    How do you mean? I do not know what Google search tool you’re asking about.

    in reply to: Widget vs. cMap #346032
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Katy

    re: Change colors of border and fonts on table display (I’m currently using the “bio” field for the practice and the First and Last Name for the name of the practice)

    Sorry, I don’t quite follow what you are asking.

    re: Not have First and Last Name required (use Title instead–this is where I’d like to enter the practice title and not have to split it up oddly in First/Last name)

    Change the entry type that you are adding to Organization. The option is above the “Add New” button on the add/edit entry admin page.

    re: Sort by title, not F/LName

    I think my previous answer negates this… that said, you can use the oder_by shortcode options to sort the entries by other fields.

    re: Have categories show on the page and be searchable

    You can use cMap or the category widget included in the Widget Pack. Either will work, choose which you like better.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Can't access customization for cMap #346022
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Christelle

    Hard to say for sure why this would occur… right when it disappears, it should open the the Display panel, a subpanel of the Connections Template panel. In developing this feature, the only time I experienced this was when opening to a panel which didn’t exist or when all panels were set to be inactive. That said, my best guess something is interfering with the active panel or the panels that should be registered are being unregistered.

    Since you only have a few plugins, did you try deactivating all but the Connections related ones to see if the issue persists?

    in reply to: Search function #346021
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Miguel

    I’m sorry, but I do not understand.

    in reply to: Renewed license but give new license key #345889
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Robinton

    Great to hear and thanks!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Disable Search-Field #345888
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Great to hear and thanks!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

Viewing 10 posts - 7,541 through 7,550 (of 15,332 total)