BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,531 through 7,540 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: addresstype show only 'work' #346211
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Javier

    re: I want to select only the work type, and then show on the user profile only type work

    Oh, you are in the wrong section of code then. You do not need to edit the Connections PHP files at all to make this change.

    Install the Code Snippets plugin.

    Add a new snippet with the following code:

    function cn_add_remove_types( $options ) {
    
        unset( $options['home'] );
        unset( $options['school'] );
        unset( $options['other'] );
    
    
        return $options;
    }
    
    add_filter( 'cn_address_options', 'cn_add_remove_types' );
    

    Save and activate the snippet.

    That’ll do it. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: cMap: some questions to fix my issues #346210
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    re: Pulldown Box “Bundesland wählen”: How can I change the color of the font and border? Is it possible do to it in the style.css from the theme?

    Well, anything is possible… A third party library called Chosen is used to create the enhanced drop down. It would take a lot of custom CSS work to override it style for more and out of scope of what I can provide via the support forums. Sorry.

    re: On the right side in each entry you will find the word “Telefon :” Between “Telefon” and “:” is a space. How can I erase it?

    That extra space is coming from the translation. I removed it from the translation. I’ll include the updated translation in the next bugfix release.

    re: The word “Website:” is not a German translation. I like to use “Webseite:”. Where I can change it?

    I also update the translation to correct the spelling.

    re: Is it only possible about the Translation-Tool which you are use?

    If you’d like to contribute to the German translation to make it more complete, more can be learned herehttp://connections-pro.com/documentation/connections/translation/.

    re: cMap Admin: For new entries there are some pulldown-boxes. How can I fix for example “Adress-Typ” –> Anschrift I will not choose with each entry the right word from in the pulldown box. the same issue I would like to have with the other pulldown boxes.

    I’m not sure I completely understand what is being asked? Are you asking if the address type can be removed? If so, sorry, no, it can not be removed.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Multiple categories not being imported #346206
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Vikram

    re: Hmmm I do see quotes in the txt file, but I never added any to the Excel created cvs file. How can I stop that from happening?

    This is correct. Excel should be adding the quotes otherwise that would create an invalid CSV file. Like I said, it’ll add the necessary quotes.

    When imported, two categories should be created. One for “Trust and Probate” and another for “CT”. The entry should be linked to both.

    I test imported the file and it imported correctly with the settings for Fields delimited by: set to Tab and the setting for Fields enclosed by: set to Double Quotes

    That said…

    Excel exported CSV files do work fine, however, Excel also has a history not doing a so great of a job at it. It could be that it worked for me fine because merely saving the file could have corrected text encoding errors cause by Excel. Try using LibreOffice instead saving the CSV out as comma separated and fields double quoted (it’ll as).

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Problem adding entries #346186
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    re: It was de FormGet Contact Plugin

    I posted the issue to their support thread. But it does not look like they pay much attention to the support forums.

    re: when clicking READY after setting time the time isn’t visible and is also not possible to save it.

    What ready button? It does not have a ready button :/
    Can you post a screenshot or give me temp admin account so I can take a look?

    in reply to: Templates Retiring : Need Tile #346138
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Stephan

    The Tile Plus template is still available and will be into the foreseeable future.

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    Ok, I’ve re-read this a few times… let just start over at the beginning…

    First, restore cMap to its original code.

    Second, please share links to the various pages on your site where you are using Connections. Also, let me know the exact shortcode you are using on each page.

    Third, create a screenshot of each page and annotate which categories should be shown/not shown with a description of the expectation of what should happen when you select a category and when you click on an entry name.

    This will help me fully understand what you’re attempting to do.

    in reply to: addresstype show only 'work' #346125
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Javier

    re: I just want to show in $ AddressTypes the work type, How Could I do?

    I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand. This code will already show the Work address type.

    in reply to: Problem adding entries #346119
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    What was the plugin so I can add it to my plugin conflict list?

    in reply to: Hide Photo #346039
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dedra

    re: Is there a way to hide the photo in the slim-plus template.

    On the page where you inserted the [connections] shortcode, add the image shortcode option, like so:

    [connections image='none']

    re: I am using on 2 different sites. Will that become a problem?

    Nope, no problem unless I am misunderstanding what is being asked.

    **re: I also need to enable search – but I’m having trouble finding where to do that. **

    The site that you linked to, that has the regular Slim template on it, not the Plus version. The Slim template did not include the search feature. That was one of the main differences between the two. Install Slim Plus on this site and activate it. Search will be enabled by default.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Header Slim Plus – Show Category #346038
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Javier

    re: states checkbox not working

    My best guess this is because the code that sanitizes and saves the state field is expecting a string, a checkbox group is sending an array. You need to edit the set addresses method in the cnEntry class to expect an array. When saving it, you’ll need to serialize the array into a string. I suggest using json_encode() to do this. You’ll also need to change the get address method to unserial the array. Beyond that, you might have to make numerous other changes throughout to the code to account for this type of change. What those would be, sorry, can’t really say off the top of my head.

    HOpe that helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,531 through 7,540 (of 15,332 total)