BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,581 through 7,590 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: include_entry – order of entries #345420
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ anja

    Sorry, I was not more clear… not the theme. Which Connections template?

    in reply to: include_entry – order of entries #345414
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ anja

    Ahhh… seems there is a bug. Which template are you using?

    in reply to: Custom Fields #345406
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steven

    re: I’m having some trouble getting the custom fields to work.

    In what aspect are you having trouble? Could you give me more details?

    re: I would like to be able to add a rev slider above the content

    You can do this by using the revslider shortcode above the [connections] shortcode. Or do you mean a unique slider above each entry?

    re: customize each entry a little more.

    How so?

    re: Is there a way of doing this?

    Without making promises I’m sure what you want to do is likely possible. It just might require custom coding… I do provide custom development services if it is needed.

    in reply to: Fees #345405
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ William

    re: When we purchase a template, is it a one time fee or is there a renewal fee each year?

    There is an optional annual renewal fee. The fee is only required if you wish to maintain getting support and updates. The fee is currently the full price of the item minus 20%.

    re: which one would you recommend for using with a group our size?

    Well, any of them really. I would choose the one you visually like the best and presents the info that you want your site visitors to see about the entry.

    Hope that answers your questions thoroughly.

    in reply to: Picture/images not uploading #345350
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Enrique

    Like I’ve been saying, this is very likely a server config issue with how permissions are set up something only your host will be able to solve.

    That said…

    I’ll take a look. I’ll need WP admin access, an FTP login and a login to the cPanel or Plesk admin. I’m not a server admin but I am competent enough I won;t break anything that I can’t fix.

    in reply to: Customizer not showing #345349
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Linda

    re: By the way, it shows it as “Default Entry Card 2.0.1” – is that up to date?

    The version that comes with Connections >= 8.4 is “Default Entry Card 3.0”. The only way that the older version of the template can exist after a plugin update is if the template was pulled into the plugins folder and then activated. I would suggest going to the Plugins admin page and deactivate it. As long as it is active it will override the version supplied with the core Connections plugin.

    re: Same question re cmap.

    The easiest way to receive cMap updates is to activate your supports license key on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Licenses tab. You’ll be notified of updates and can install them just like all other plugins. This will only be available if you have cMap >= 4.0 installed. If you have an older version then you need to download the update from your purchase history. To update, you would have to do it the old fashioned way, deactivate, delete the old version and then install the new version.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Customizer not showing #345335
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Linda

    The button will only show for templates which have been updated to support the feature. Presently this is only the Default Entry Card template (included in Connections >= 8.4) and cMap 5.0.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: SEO #345323
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steven

    Oh, I think that explains it then because they “removed” them by adding them to your robots.txt file. The page title option had no bearing on it.

    in reply to: SEO #345301
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Steven

    Are you certain those URL/s didn’t disappear after disabling the Name link option of the Connections : Settings admin page under the Advanced tab as explained in this reply instead? I ask because it seems like you would have made the changes at the same time.

    in reply to: Sharing data on a WP multisite #345300
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ken

    Screen sharing would be an option if I can control the mouse… just so it is quicker to navigate.

    Was your site a single site WordPress install converted to a multi site install? My guess is was a multi site install but I want to confirm.

    The entries in Connections were added in the main site or a subsite? If they were added in a subsite it is possible even when switching Connections back to single site mode that the pre existing entries will not available to all sites. To check, login to phpMyAdmin or similar tool. You might have to drop any Connections tables that exists for the primary site and then rename the table from the original subsite to match the table names of the primary site. The renaming should be just the removal of the subsite table prefix. This can be dangerous stuff especially if you’re not experienced in making direct changes to the db so a db backup is highly recommended.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,581 through 7,590 (of 15,332 total)