BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,231 through 8,240 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Excerpt open by default #336408
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alex

    Excerpt Plus forces the logo size so the layout is not broken. The size can be changed in the card.php file found here:

    ../wp-content/uploads/connections-templates/excerpt-plus/

    After you do, you will have to adjust the CSS to account for the larger logo size.

    Alternatively, you can change the default crop mode like so:

    Install the Code Snippet plugin.

    Add a new snippet with the following code:

    function cn_image_crop_mode_2( $atts ) {
    
        $atts['zc'] = 2;
    
        return $atts;
    }
    add_filter( 'cn_output_default_atts_image', 'cn_image_crop_mode_2' );
    

    Save and activate the new snippet.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Use on two pages #336405
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jennifer

    re: I would like to know if I can use Connections on two separate pages. I have one category that I’d like to feature separately.

    Yes, this is possible a feature I make heavy use of on this very site. Please see this FAQ.

    re: I have installed the shortcode to make the cMap template transparent instead of the gradient grey and it’s still the standard grey. I added the following to the text editor.

    You need to update cMap to the latest version because that feature is not in the version you currently have installed.

    Hope that helps. Please let me know.

    in reply to: Can i add countries #336404
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Marc

    When adding an entry, if you add an address, there is a field for country. Alternately, you could add them as categories and assign the entries to the relevant country categories.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Licences for both sites #336403
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jason

    re: “Error: This license is at its activation limit. Deactivate a site before adding a new one.”

    You can not add the support license key to the second site. You need one license per site. That said, you can install cMap on the second site but you can not use the support key on multiple sites. So, do not add the key to the second site. cMap will function without the key being registered to the site. The features that it will lack will be support and updates for that second installation.

    re: I had a questions about the “licence expiry date” which for my current cMap is May 15, 2016. Is this about the support and updates service, or will the plugin itself stop working after 2016?

    This is just for support and updates. Opting to renew is up to you and is not required. However, it is highly recommend because without that you will not receive updates which would fix any bugs that might be found, security issue that might be found, compatibility updates in case an update to WordPress or Connections breaks something and the template needs to be fixed to work with change in those platforms.

    Hope that helps! let me know.

    in reply to: Hiding individuals linked to a family #336402
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Rachel

    Thanks for the feedback!

    in reply to: CSV updating without duplicates #336401
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Melissa

    re: Where do I find the entry id

    The Entry ID can be found on the Connections : manage admin page. Click the Show Details link and it’ll be on the far right.

    re: which field do I map it to?

    You would match it to the Entry ID field. If you use that name as the column header in the CSV file, it’ll automatically map.

    re: Can you give me a step-by-step newbie walkthrough?

    There’s a video walkthrough on this page. It has been a while since I made the video but I am pretty sure it does not show the mapping of the Entry ID field, but that is not different from mapping any other field.

    Lastly, make sure you’re importing with the most current version of the CSV Import extension. If you do not have a version which supported this, you will end up with “duplicates“.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Duplicate List #336363
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kevin

    Ok, I think might be confusing you, apologies.

    First, let me reiterate,

    There are only two ways to show the list in the page. The first is with the shortcode (the only supported method), the second is the PHP function that WordPress runs when it finds the shortcode on the page. There is no other way. Connections has no method of automatically adding a list to a page.

    You said the page only has one shortcode on it. Then thru some other method the shortcode is being used or a custom theme template page was created which calls PHP function to display the list.

    That said,

    You ask, “How can I take an existing list (has no shortcode) and reorder it?“. I am simply unable able to tell you how to change the existing list because I have no knowledge of how it the list was inserted on the page if the shortcode was not used.

    Whom ever initially created the page will have to let you know how they added the list to the page to the list without using the shortcode. After you have that information and let me know, I will be able to give you exact instructions.

    Sorry, but until I have that information I can only guess… my guess is that there is another shortcode inserted on that page somewhere. I suggest looking very closely at every setting on that page to find that shortcode and replace it with the one you want.

    in reply to: Filter on custom field value #336360
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Marina

    Sorry, it is not possible to filter by a custom field at this time.

    in reply to: Duplicate List #336352
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kevin

    Ok, so you inherited this project from someone else? You might have to ask that person how they embedded the list. The shortcode is the only method that is supported since Connections does not “auto” insert itself into the page content.

    Perhaps the individual created a page template for the WordPress theme (not a Connections template) which calls the shortcode using PHP, something like this: do_shortcode('[connections']);

    If they did create a page template, edit the page with the shortcode on it and in the Page Attributes change it to the “Default Template” option.

    Does that help?

    in reply to: directory not viewable after version update #336351
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ josh901

    I see that you are logged in, from the screenshot. Does this still occur when you are logged out?

Viewing 10 posts - 8,231 through 8,240 (of 15,332 total)