BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 8,131 through 8,140 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: contact button within listing #337753
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Vito

    Sorry, no. Assuming you have installed and activated the Contact extension, the contact form only exists on the profile page of the entry.

    in reply to: Locate update? #337750
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mitch

    The bubble I was only going to add the image or logo as a user config option the name, the preferred or first address and the preferred or first phone number, link to entry details and link for driving directions… pretty standard stuff actually. I am not going to add an excerpt, that said… Locate relies on the templating engine built into Connections, even for the info bubble. What this means is one could create the own info bubble showing exactly what they want or even just use a template override file to override the existing info bubble template.

    Yes, the map will recenter based on search results automatically. This is already built in.

    I plan on making the location based results optional. Right now it simply uses the location supplied by the browser (if permitted) falling back to the IP address. The option will be to turn this off and default to the country/state set on the Connections : Settings admin page under the General tab. Maybe… just maybe… I’ll add a shortcode option for a manual lat/long center to be set, well see.

    This lat/long inputs, they’ll be hidden. Right now they are visible only for debugging.

    Credit card standing by :) … so, I have an idea of what I want to charge for this… what do you think the price for this should be? I’m curios.

    in reply to: Cmap Background Color #337737
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Andrea

    Judging from the purchase date, you have cMap version 3.0.x. The background_color shortcode option was not added until version 3.1. You’ll need to update to the latest version of cMap which is 4.1. You can download it from your purchase history.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Expanding bios makes my page jump to the top #337608
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Adrienne

    Ok, it was definitely the scroll to item somehow being broken. The best I can tell thru debugging it was scrolling to the body tag in the HTML rather than to the Gridder item clicked. My guess is the theme’s HTML is “broken”, causing javascript to “think” the item clicked was the body. I edited the template’s javascript file to remove that function call and it is fine now.

    in reply to: Export Feature #337598
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alyssa

    I plan on having a CSV export feature implemented this summer.

    in reply to: where to submit a listing? #337595
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Leslie

    Good to see this is resolved! And… thanks for the purchase!

    in reply to: logo? #337594
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Leslie

    None of the core default template show the logo… you mention purchasing cMap, that template shows the logo by default. The image is shown in the bio info.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Contacts & Users #337593
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ze’ev Ionis

    re: I would like to have the user/contact be able to edit a sub-set of their own information (e.g. change phone number or add a picture or an email).
    1) Can I do this?

    Yes. You need at least the Link extension. Form is also recommended.

    re: Can I use the import tool (CSV Import) to not only import the contacts, but automatically make them users with required level of security.

    No, but there are a couple few free plugins that you could use to import your CSV file to create users. Here is one that seems to be highly rated.

    re: I do not have email addresses for the contacts. If I create a bogus email, is that a huge issue? e.g. use street number @ street name.com

    Yes, that will be a problem… how will the user know that… how would the user reset their password since a dummy email was added… what would prevent someone who knew that bogus email from taking over that account… and so on.

    This is not even really a Connections issue as WordPress depends heavily on an accurate email address as a requirement. If you import a bogus email in Connections, then if a user were to register on the site with their real email, there would be no way to link their user account and their Connections entry.

    I hope that helps!

    in reply to: Profile Page layout looks wrong #337588
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Alexandru

    Great to hear!
    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Category Search Option #337587
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Debra

    Not, Slim. Slim Plus allows users to filter by category.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 8,131 through 8,140 (of 15,332 total)