Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Anna
If you are going to use the
[connections_form]and put Form on a custom page, then you can not use the automatic submit link. You will have to disable that option in the settings and add the link to the correct link to page manually.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Anna
re: My intention is that my users only can change their own organisation. Is that possible?
yes, but only with the Link extension.
re: Right now when I do not choose the button “add” in “roles” it is still possible to add with that role. It makes no sense.
Make sure the user that your are testing with is of the correct role and that role has no capabilities.
re: And I can see Jetpack in the Panel.
Sorry, but I can not control what JetPack shows in the admin.
re: Is that going to look better if I buy Link?
Link will have no effect of what is displayed to your users in the admin. In addition to provided a method to “link” a Connections entry to a WP user it will add an admin profile page which is separate from the Connections admin pages that the user may add/edit their entry. This will not, however, disable or turn off any other admin pages that role has permission to view added by other plugins including Jetpack.
You might want to consider using Form with Link. Adding Form will enable front-end editing. You could then use another plugin to disable admin access to your user roles.
re: Can my users only see and change their own organisation with Link?
They will be able to see any entry they have permission to view, they will only be able to edit their own entry.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Anna
Sorry, no, this is not an option at this time.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ jgtraylor
Sorry to hear to you trouble with the update. I suspect the issue is the same mentioned by @Jozefs discussed in more detail here.
I’ll be pushing out an update soon which will correct the error mentioned by @Jozefs. If that was the cause of your trouble, this update will fix it.
If I may offer some advice…
If a plugin update fails, Connections or any other… log into your site via FTP and delete the plugins folder from the
../wp-content/plugins/folder. That will restore your site to running order without having to resort to reverting the entire site to a backup. You should consider that a last resort option especially when dealing with host provided backups because that backup will be of some unknown point in time potentially causing quite a bit of loss.If there is ever an issue with a Connections update, please contact me first. I can just about always resolve them very quickly because I keep a very close eye on the support forums after every update.
If you are having issues with the backup that Bluehost restored, there’s not anything I can really do about that. If the issues are just with “restored” Connections 8.2.10. I suggest deactivating Connections and deleting it. You can manually install the previous version from here.
There are no persistent changes when updating from 8.2.10 to 8.3 so rolling back to 8.2.10 is very safe.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Damon
I just sent you an email, reply back to that with the files. Thanks!
Actually I use LibreOffice for my testing… Excel has more issues creating standard CSV files. Generally in my experience the files from LibreOffice are perfect for importing.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ monica
Glad to hear it and no problem!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ monica
What is the directory home page set to? It should be set to the Alumnae page.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Damon
re: Where in the db are the image links stored? I looked through all of the connections db tables and can’t find where these are.
The image names (meta) are saved in the
{db-prefix}_connectionstable as a serialized array in the options column.Doing this will be pretty tricky because each entry needs to have its own subfolder in the
../wp-content/uploads/connections-images/so this will be a bit more involved than simply doing an export/import of the table. You’ll also have to loop thru each entry in the db and create that subfolder and place the correct placeholder image.What I suggest use CSS to set your placeholder images based on category as explained in this QuickTip. This would be far easier and quicker to accomplish if the results suits your needs.
re: Also, when we used the csv bulk import tool it skipped about 40 of the entries which we had to manually enter. I tried multiple times with the same result. There didn’t seem to be any pattern or anything common. It just seemed to randomly skip the uploads. Anyway, if you are interested in looking at it, I can send you a spreadsheet containing what was uploaded and which ones didn’t upload.
Yes, I would be very interested in testing your CSV file. I’ve imported, probably, a million plus entries and only have witnessed this once with another users CSV file. At the time I did not track down the issue because I need to get the custom work finished for them.
Of note, Connections 8.3 which is going to be released today has a very robust logging API. Initial support is logging the email sent thru Connections (Form and Contact extensions). This is to allow users to verify that email notifications are being sent. My intent is to also extend this to the CSV Import extension, which is actually partially completed, will be to use this to log any import errors on a per row basis. So at the very least one would know exactly what was not imported.
Steven Zahm
KeymasterThis reply has been marked as private.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Michael
I’m going to reply to this via email due to info from your site that shouldn’t be publicly shown.
-
AuthorPosts
