BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,891 through 7,900 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Display Options (Address & Category) #340993
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ cori

    In most theme’s (not the template for Connections, to clarify) they have an option to add custom CSS. This is where you should add that custom CSS. If your theme does not have any such option, then I recommend this plugin.

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #340992
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Linda

    re: it’s awesome x 2.

    Thanks!

    re: what happens to all our directory pages that rely on the existing shortcodes?

    First, the shortcodes themselves are not going away (Yet. I’m hoping in a future update that I will also be able to “replace” the shortcodes using the Customizer too. We’ll see, that will be far more complex to accomplish). It is all the shortcode options for the templates that are going away.

    The template shortcode options will still exist and more importantly still work. I guess more accurately the template shortcode options are going to be greatly de-emphasized in favor of the Template Customizer. Under the hood, the way it’ll work, is the Template Customizer will set the template shortcode option defaults. If you choose, you can then use the template shortcode options to override those defaults per shortcode instance.

    What this means to a novice is they get an interactive point and click interface which will make it extremely easy to tweak the million and one template options. For the advanced user, they can set their own template defaults using the Template Customizer and when they use they shortcode, they will still have the option to use the template shortcode options to override the settings set by the Template Customizer. For example, you can set up Slim to be close to what you need globally and on individual pages where you might need specific tweaks you can use the shortcode options to make those tweaks.

    I hope I’ve explained that clearly! It’s very much like a parfait… it has layers :D

    in reply to: Link question #340947
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ David

    re: How do I link entries to user account? I cannot find where to do this.

    That is the nice part, you do not have to. When the user logs in, the link will be created. On the feature roadmap… I will be adding a cron (a timed automated process) which will do this automatically in the background and a Tool to auto link, now. No eta on those features though.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Licenses, sites, activations #340944
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brian

    Apologies for the trouble! It seems the key were not created I’ve corrected this and they should now be listed. For the inconvenience, I push out the expiration until 1 year from today.

    in reply to: Staff Directory #340831
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Brett

    Great to hear!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thank in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #340820
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Linda

    re: It’s not working that well for me yet

    Can you please describe how so and/or add screenshots?

    re: Do you have a set of shortcode options to share?

    Nada, none… :) All the settings are on the Connections : Settings admin page under the Display tab. Ok… there are shortcode options pretty much all the same ones as cMap but these are only used when using the List View as a standalone template rather than adding a List View to another template. And those shortcode options are only for the detail/profile page, not the list itself. If I haven’t confused you… the list specific options are available only as settings.

    Hopefully that is clear :/

    PS. The next version of Connections is going to do away with the million and one shortcode options for templates. I spend far, far too much time teaching how to use them.

    That said…

    Template will be more configurable than ever! How? The next version will have an interactive point and click Template Customizer. If you ever used the Theme Customizer, then you know exactly how it works. I was planning to release this Friday, but I’m thinking I might need another week.

    in reply to: Auto create contact sheet #340808
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Linda

    It has not been added yet because it has not yet been officially released… that said, I just added it to your purchase so it should now be available to you. Feedback on it is very welcomed.

    in reply to: Is CSV export ever going to be possible? #340805
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Linda

    Yes, this summer. The release adding the Tools admin page was the first step… it is where the export tool will live.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ben

    First thing to check… make sure you have the Link plugin installed and activated on the Plugins admin page.

    The make sure the correct role has only the Add Entry and Edit Entry capabilities. Giving them access to the core Connections admin pages is probably not a good idea as any user will be able to edit any entry.

    in reply to: Error: Template not found #340799
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Jeff

    Yeah, I’ll take a look… but, did you activate a template on the Connections : Templates admin page?

Viewing 10 posts - 7,891 through 7,900 (of 15,332 total)