Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ reyes
I’ve never come across this issue before. Do you receive any error messages or any other notices that might offer some insight on what the cause of the issue might be?
Steven Zahm
KeymasterClosing due to inactivity.
Steven Zahm
KeymasterClosing due to inactivity.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ James
re: can I manually add a Entry ID to the entries in my CSV file or do I need to wait for Connections to assign them?
You have to use the ID/s created by Connections (actually they are created by the db, just like the post ID/s in WordPress).
Does that answer your question?
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Cole
There is no way to group by category automatically however you could use the shortcode with the category shortcode option multiple times on the same page to manually group them.
This will work fine if you have a smallish directory of individuals (20–40, max 50’ish). However, search and the category filter would not provide a good user experience (they are off by default in Gridder).
If you opt to use the category shortcode option, you will also have to make use of the home_id shortcode option. If you do not, when you click the entry’s profile link you would see the entry listed once for each time you used the shortcode to group the categories. How to set this up…
Create a second page named “Person” (the name is not important, it can be anything), add the
[connections]shortcode to it without any options. Take note of the Page ID. On the original page, add thehome_id=xto each instance of the shortcode where x would equal the Page ID of the “Person” page. After you do that, all links will now resolve to the “Person” page.Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jennifer
Right now, using shortcodes this is not possible. The only way this is accomplished in cMap is to edit the PHP file for the single view. I can give you instructions if you are comfortable editing PHP but at this point I would not recommend it. In a week, maybe two I will be releasing a new version of Connections which features an interactive point and click Template Customizer.
I will also be releasing an updated version of cMap, version 5.0, that take advantage of it. One of the major feature enhancements by utilizing the Template Customizer is the both the list and single views can be independently configured. What this means to you is that you can very easily without editing PHP files customize the image size for both the list view and single view.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Larry
I highly recommend using a plugin like BackupBuddy or Duplicator when moving site as they take care of all the little things that need done when moving a site from one server to another. WP stores quite a few things in the options table that is site specific. One of those being role capabilities.
If you are moving just Connections from one site to another. I would do what you did, export the tables and then import them (as SQL files). The one thing though, on the destination site I would install and activate Connections first and when you do the import, drop all the Connections table first.
Any way to answer you question…
This should be able to be fixed by going to the Connection : Roles admin page and checking the Reset All Role Capabilities option and then clicking the Update button. That should reinstall all the role capabilities and set them to their defaults.
08/06/2015 at 1:45 pm in reply to: Array to string error when filtering by Category on mobile #342413Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Scott
Ok, I tracked down the issue and fixed it. I also applied a hot patch to your site. The next update will contain the fix.
Not sure why only you saw this and only on mobile but the message should have shown up using a desktop browser and it should have been easily reproducible. That’ll always be the head scratcher but at least its fixed now. Apologies for the trouble.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Catherine
First, I would recommend not using the
[connections_form]shortcode, it is deprecated and no longer supported.With Both Link and Form activated…
Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and click the Display tab.
Scroll to the Result List Actions section.
Enable the When this option is enabled a “View My Directory Entry” or “Add My Directory Entry” link will be displayed. option.
Disable the When this option is enabled a “Submit New Entry” link will be displayed. When a user clicks this link they will be taken to a page where they can submit their entry to the directory. option.
Scroll down to the Entry Actions section.
Enable the When this option is enabled a “Edit Entry” link will be displayed. When a user clicks this link they will be taken to a page where they can edit entry. option.
Now…
The entry you added for the user, check to make sure it has an email address and that it matches exactly the email address of the user.
Logout.
Lastly login as that user. The entry and the user account should now be linked.
If it is not, please let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ penneloppy
I’m actively working on a new extension to provide this functionality. ETA is late this summer. Hope that answers your question.
-
AuthorPosts
