BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,701 through 7,710 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: csv export #343443
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ servionontwerp wemmenhove

    Later this summer. It is the next major feature I am working on.

    in reply to: edit entry without add entry link showing #343442
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ katmar

    Great to hear!

    If I have not asked and you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: 8.4 Upgrade custom template #343440
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    I do not believe this is a Connections bug… go to the Organizations page, edit it. Now remove template='hub-single' from the Connections shortcode.

    As for it showing in the options table… not knowing the option_name that you found it in… I can only guess it is a WP transient that has not yet been purged by WP… basically harmless.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: cMap Categories #343438
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    re: I tried the first (CSS) method. That didnt work I’m afraid. The second method didnt work either, even after flushing the cache on the wp instance and the browser. I cannot see any changes to the duplicate dropdown

    This is because the server is still serving the cached versions of the file.

    This is the file being served by the cache:

    http://www.siebelhub.com/main/wp-content/themes/magnium/js/template.js?ver=1.0

    You see that there is no change. Now, if I manually bust the cache:

    http://www.siebelhub.com/main/wp-content/themes/magnium/js/template.js?NO_CACHE

    You see the file with the change is be served.

    Likely the same issue with the CSS too.

    You need to flush the server cache. How do you do that, sorry, dunno, you’ll have to ask your host.

    re: With regards to the search box, I tried again and same, the change shows on the preview but not on the live. I am using [connections] as the shortcode.

    Very odd! If you give me an admin account, I’ll take a look.

    in reply to: cMap Categories #343427
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    re: the categories dropdown appears twice at the top of the page. How can I remove this?

    This is being caused by the theme. There are two options. Once is to hide it with CSS. Add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    #cn-cmap div.select2-container {
        display: none !important;
    }
    

    The second, better, but more technical, solution is to prevent the theme from doing his in the first place.

    Edit the template.js file found here:

    ../wp-content/themes/magnium/js/template.js

    Change this:

    $("select").select2({
        allowClear: true,
        minimumResultsForSearch: 10
    });
    

    to this:

    $("select").not('.cn-category-select').select2({
        allowClear: true,
        minimumResultsForSearch: 10
    });
    

    Save and overwrite the original file (make a backup of it first).

    The tough part is getting purged from the various caches so the updated file will get loaded by the browser.

    re: the search for example is not removed

    I just tested it and I am unable to replicate the issue. If it preview correctly in the Template Customizer, it should display correctly if the changes were saved. Could you double check it? Also, what is the exact shortcode you are using?

    in reply to: cMap Show Bio #343412
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    Great to hear you found the options in the new Template Customizer. This version of cMap is very new, still working on the updated docs. Hope to finish them up today.

    in reply to: Tray background color (bug)? #343350
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Studio Collective

    Great to hear! I think I am going to have to try and detect those somehow and show a notice.

    in reply to: Tray background color (bug)? #343347
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Studio Collective

    Ahhh… I see. I’m guessing you are using a custom template override file. There is quite a bit of new code in the card.php and card-single.php file to fully support the new Template Customizer. I suggest backing it/them update and removing them. Looking at the page… it seems everything can be done via the Template Customizer now.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    Yeah, if you are trying to display all 800 entries on a single page that would be very slow. That is not a Connections limitation. You would have the same result if you tried to show 800 WordPress posts on a single page too.

    re: Can I default the connections shortcode to simply start at “A” in the alphaindex? This would be the ideal solution I would like to accomplish

    Sorry, no Connections does not support this.

    re: Other than paying for some cmap plugin, is there a way I can get pagination to work?

    Sorry, no, you’ll need one of the template available here for pagination support. The only other option. All the code required to add pagination support to a template exists in Connections. If you know PHP you can add pagination to any template.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Tray background color (bug)? #343342
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Studio Collective

    re: changing the background color of the Bio/Notes tray doesn’t seem to take effect when saving and publishing.

    Hmmm… works for me. Perhaps there a CSS conflict which is overriding the color set? Can you please share a link to the page with the issue?

    re: is there an option to float the Image to the right of the Bio text?

    No, there is no option… it should still float right like the previous version. Seems like another CSS issue. I’d need to see the page.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,701 through 7,710 (of 15,332 total)