Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jennifer
Thanks! I can wait to get all the templates updated to support the Template Customizer. A decent chunk of my time providing support is spent walking people thru how to use the shortcodes.
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Richard
No problem! It is been my experience that turning off all caching when making changes to the site is best as it does eliminate a lot of hair pulling when things are not changing. Doing simple thing like adding new blog posts tend to be fine. Hope that helps!
And, if you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Joseph
Great to hear!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ William
No problem!
If I have not asked and you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Al
Sounds like you have invalid characters or HTML within the shortcode. Edit the page where you inserted the shortcode and its option. Switch the page editor to the Text tab. Now remove any invalid characters and HTML in and around the shortcode. I do not know what you full shortcode looks like but the options you shown me should look like this:
[connections initial_results='false' str_select="I've been changed"]Anything else in there would be wrong and should be removed except other options that their values.
Hope helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Richard
I edited the theme so the
template.jsfile is now loaded as version 1.0.1 this will bust the server cache and now the double category select is gone:http://www.siebelhub.com/main/wp-content/themes/magnium/js/template.js?ver=1.0.1
In regards to the search… I didn’t do anything, not even visit the Template Customizer for cMap, the search is gone.
But I wanted to see if I could duplicate the issue so I went to the Template Customizer and turned it back on. The preview worked, but the page did not update, just like you were experiencing. But I know the reason now…
You are using SiteGround (I do too, great host) you have the Memcached option enabled. This caches frequent db queries. The WP options is a frequent db query and apparently the Memcached cache is not purged when Customizer options are saved. Nothing I can do about that since that is a core WP API. I’m “simply” using it to enable the Template Customizer Feature… like theme and other plugins can.
Any way, after saving changes in the Customizer, go to the admin SuperCacher page and turn off then then back on Memcached. That’ll purge the db query cached and your Customizer changes will be reflected on the site.
Hope that helps!
PS. The server cache… I had that same problem where updated CSS and JS file were not being served. I fixed it by changing something in the cPanel SuperCacher options page. I forget what I did exactly… I think it was flushing the master static cache or maybe toggling it off/on.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Richard
Got it… bug in Connections after all. I applied a hotfix so this is good to go. Now back to the other thread.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Richard
Well that doesn’t make any sense… I’m assuming you’ve activated cMap as the default template on the Connections : Templates admin page and not the now deleted hub-single template, right? If that is the case the shortcode would use it unless overridden by the
templateshortcode option.Now that I think about it more, both pages on your site should use the cMap template if you are only using the
[connections]shortcode on both the Directory and Organizations pages of your site … they should be look exactly the same.wait, wait, wait…
Are seeing this error on the Connections : Templates admin page under the Organization template type??? If that is the case, just activate the default template or cMap… the error will go away. That would explain why you would still see it in the options table to because it was still set as the active table for the Organization template type.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ reyes
The shortcode should look like this:
[connections category='16,23,24,25,26,6,7,27,28' enable_category_by_root_parent='true' initial_results='true']Shortcode options are always separated by a space, not comma separated.
re: Can I remove the code generated in Code Snippets later if I change my mind?
Yes, that is exactly the reason to use the Code Snippets plugin. Simply deactivating the snippet turns the code “off” and if you decide you do not want it no more, then delete the snippet. It’s safe that is why I recommend using it.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ William
Ok, I see this is happening in the admin add/edit form… the reason is because another plugin is messing with core admin styles. Which one, I can not be certain because of the way it is being done.
I was able to force the display to be correct by adding a style override to the
cn-admin.min.cssfile:div.widget-inside { display: block; }The thing is, next Connections update you will lose this change and it’ll have to be re-added.
The better solution would be to toggle plugins off/on until you can find the plugin that is overriding a core WP admin style. Once it is identified, you’d have to ask that plugins support to fix their plugin so it does not override core WP styles globally in the admin. My guess it is the same plugin that causes that blue/black flicker on every admin page load too.
Hope that helps!
-
AuthorPosts
