Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Jeff
I’m going to assume that the images show up fine in the admin, correct? If so, then yes, updating Tile Plus will fix the issue. Your update is free but I could not locate your account under this name and email. What is the name and email that this was purchased with?
08/24/2015 at 12:19 pm in reply to: Move "Go back to directory" and "Add to Address Book" to the bottom #344149Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Scott
I tested the code, it does move the links to the bottom of the profile/detail view of the entry.
Often when a code snippet fails to work it was not activated (often overlooked, I do that myself). Double check that it is activated.
Another common error is not all the code was not copy/pasted. This would result in non-functioning code. Double check that the code matches exactly.
Last thing… this does not move the links at the top of the results card view it only move the links on the profile/detail view of the entry.
Hope that helps. Let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Robert
re: Our principal distress is the font size for the names in the panel display. We have a lot of entries and need to keep the number of entries per row high. (Using the hover scheme helps but we’d rather have the names always showing.) A shortcode for the font size would be a great addition for anyone uncomfortable with touching the program. In absence of a shortcode, in order to change the font size, can you give simple instructions for how to modify which Gridder files?
I’ll take the suggestion into consideration when I update Gridder to use the new Template Customizer (not likely to add a shortcode option). Here’s a Some CSS you can add to the theme’s custom CSS area which will reduce the font size of the entry name.
#cn-gridder .cn-gridder-overlay .fn { font-size: 10px !important; line-height: 10px !important; }re: Also, as we now have it, the director panel uses only 1/3 of the available horizontal space on the page. How do we increase that in order to take advantage of the full pate width?
This is defined by the theme. The theme has set the max-width of the page content to be 604px wide. There is nothing I can do about that, sorry. The best suggestions I can offer are…
- Many theme’s provide alternate page templates. Often they include a “full width” page template. Edit the directory page… if the theme provides page templates, it will be shown as an available option show in the Page Attributes section.
- Contact the theme’s author. Maybe they can provide an update to add a full width page template.
re: In the profile view with a long name, the conflict for space pushes the image above the name,where it ends up far above the contact information.
The theme uses a very, very large font for its
h2tags. To reduce that to a more sane size which will fix the image placement, add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area:#cn-gridder h2 { font-size: 16px !important; }re: Replacing ‘personal email’ by ‘email’ works but not ‘home phone’ by ‘phone’ or ‘cell phone’ by ‘cell.’ What’s going on?
This only happens when there is something wrong with the shortcode… most often this ends up being stray HTML in and/or around the shortcode. Edit the page where you inserted the shortcode and its options, delete it and use the one below… I tested to ensure that it does work. Make sure you copy/paste into the Text tab of the page editor and not the Visual tab
[connections template= "gridder" show_alphaindex='true' enable_search=true overlay=none image_opacity=.8 image_width=108 image_height=144 str_home_addr='unit' str_home_phone='phone' str_cell_phone='cell' str_personal_email='email']re: When we first installed the opacity shortcode it worked but now it does not. Any ideas?
Likely because of the same reason as my previous answer.
re: In SLIM PLUS, how can we remove the “select category” button from the display?
It can be removed with the
enable_category_selectshortcode options for Slim Plus. Like so:[connections enable_category_select=false]Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ carolin
re: Why does the ‘Bio info’ the ‘Name’ and the ‘Title and Organization’ fields end up linking to a Connections page
This only happens if the
[connections]shortcode was copy/pasted from this site into the WordPress post editor. This is not an issue or bug with Connections it is how the WordPress editor works. If HTML from a web page is pasted into the post editor, it will also paste the underlying HTML, including links.To fix…
Edit the page where the
[connections]shortcode was pasted. Switch the editor to the Text tab. Now remove all HTML in and around the the shortcode such as links<a>,codeandpretags.re: Why does the Circled template take on it’s own font (ie not a font specified on the main site). It seems that the some of the entry info/text takes on something like a Courier or something, which is completely different than anything specified.
The font you are seeing is like from the shortcode being wrapped in
codeand/orpreHTML tags.That said… there are a few instances where the font is defined and will not be inherited by the theme. This is to ensure integrity/layout of the design template will not be broken by the theme.
re: How can the length of the Bio excerpt be reduced from what apparently normally will show up if it is desired to make the excerpt shorter?
See the Layout Configuration :: Excerpt section of the doc page where this is explained in detail.
re: I can send you a link on a private e-mail if you want — I don’t want to post the site link publicly
You can post private links here… just be sure to enable the “Set as private reply” option below, before submitting the post.
Hoe that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Mike
ETA is 4–8 weeks. I’m still shooting for for 4 weeks which will get me right under my self imposed deadline. :)
This is literally the next major feature I am working on starting this week.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Vikram
Excel is a spreadsheet app. Saving it from Excel as a CSV file will work fine. The issue you are experiencing, from my experience, can only happen when the info is being manually quoted in the spreadsheet. For me to further diagnose the issue, I’ll need to see the CSV file you are importing. Please change the
.csvto.txtand attach it as a reply and I’ll take a look at it immediately after receiving it.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Ze’ev
Hopefully in 4–8 weeks. This is the next major feature I am going to be working on.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Teresa
Great to hear and thanks!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
08/24/2015 at 10:43 am in reply to: Remove organization and department fields from name section #344135Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Joseph
Great to hear!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance.
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Christelle
Sure. I made the exchange and resent a new sales confirmation email with the download link. Let me know if you do not receive it.
-
AuthorPosts
