BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,671 through 7,680 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Category Filter Width #344132
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Melanie

    Great to hear!

    in reply to: Multiple categories not being imported #343930
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Vikram

    The instructions are correct for a CSV file, that said, it sounds like you entering your data into a spreadsheet app. A spreadsheet is not a CSV … a spreadsheet app can save the file as a CSV file and when it does, it will add the necessary quotes. Put another way, in your spreadsheet, do not add the quotes, only separate the categories with commas.

    Hope that helps, let me know.

    in reply to: Bio not opening #343830
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Teresa

    Two things…

    • I see you are using an older version of the theme, version 1.4.3. The current version is 1.5.
    • Both versions do have the wp_footer() template tag in the footer.php file and also have the closing body tag.

    That said… it looks like the theme might have been modified. I say this because the page source does not match what should be output by the footer.php file… according to the files I just downloaded. Every page on your site ends with this:

    <div align="center" id="footer2">
    
    <table width="1000" height="50" border="0" align="center">
    <table width="80%">
            <col style="width:30%">
            <col style="width:40%">
            <col style="width:30%">
    
    <tr>
    <td height="29" align="left">Copyright 2015
    </td>
    <td height="29" align="center">GL2 Business Club
    </td>
    <td height="29" align="right"><A HREF = "http://www.kestec.co.uk">Website Created by: Kestec Digital Solutions</A>
    </td>
    </tr>
    
    <tr>
    

    And it just stops… this means the footer.php file is incomplete because it should have the completed table HTML (which hints at being hard coded in the file) as well as the, the output from the wp_footer() template tag, closing body and html tags.

    My suggestion is to restore the original php file for the footer.php file.

    Hope that helps!

    • This reply was modified 11 years, 1 month ago by Steven Zahm. Reason: Fix a misspelling
    in reply to: Changing string "View Profile" to something else #343823
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Douglas

    re: Can the string “View Profile” be changed to “View profile, research, and publications”

    Yes, follow the instructions in this QuickTip.

    Original string: View Profile
    Text domain: cnt_gridder
    New string: View profile, research, and publications

    re: Can it also be underlined to make it obvious it’s clickable?

    Sure, here’s the CSS to add to the theme’s custom CSS area:

    .cn-gridder-detail-link a {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #000 !important;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Opening Bio Box Slides Content Too Far Up #343822
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Douglas

    No problem!

    If I have not asked and you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    No problem!

    If I have not asked and you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Recurring Search in Categorical Listing #343820
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    No problem!

    If I have not asked and you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: Opening Bio Box Slides Content Too Far Up #343775
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Douglas

    To change this, you’ll need to edit the templates javascript. Here’s how…

    Open the gridder.js file found here:
    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-gridder/

    Search for this line:

    $( _self._scrollTo() ).animate( { scrollTop: _me.position().top }, 0 );

    Change it to this:

    //$( _self._scrollTo() ).animate( { scrollTop: _me.position().top }, 0 );

    Save the file and overwrite the original.

    Also save the file as gridder.min.js and save over the original.

    After you complete this, it will no longer scroll to the entry clicked.

    Hope that helps!

    PS. You’ll like have to force refresh the browser in order for the updated files to be downloaded and used by the browser.

    in reply to: Bio not opening #343774
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Teresa

    re: Is there a way I could do this I need to do this quite quickly.

    Sure, the link I provided for the wp_footer() template tag explains where it need to be added… “Put this template tag immediately before tag in a theme template (ex. footer.php, index.php).”

    Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Scott

    re: I’m using the Tile plus template for all our Contact Us pages, but I was unable to find a shortcode to display my custom field for Office. That custom field displays fine with the Slim Plus template for our Directory page, but not with Tile Plus.

    I’m assuming the Custom Field does not show on the tile itself. This is by design actually. The tiles need to be of a consistent width and height in order to tile properly. Showing the custom fields would make that very unpredictable and likely always be cut off.

    If you would like to add it, add the following line of code:

    $entry->getContentBlock( $atts['content'], $atts, $template );
    

    to the card.php file found here:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-tile-plus

    re: how can I disable the “Show the character index at the top of the results list”, and “Show the current character at the beginning of each character group”? I have these options turned on in the Display settings, because I use them on the Directory page, but I want them hidden on the Contact Us pages…

    You can use the show_alphaindex shortcode option and the show_alphahead shortcode option options to disable those on that page.

    re: I’ve added custom CSS to enlarge the text, but the Name portion stays smaller. Couldn’t figure out why:

    You need to use this selector #cn-tile-plus .cn-entry .fn to change the name font-size.

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,671 through 7,680 (of 15,332 total)