Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Scott
The bottom section of this QuickTip can be used to display your custom field. The only difference, I think, would you would use
Officefor thefield_id.Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Smoo
Looks like you want to do category grouping. Sorry, but this is not a feature of Connections. That said, you can use the shortcode on the page multiple times limit each instance to a specific category, but that set does get a little complicated. It would probably be better and easier to use a separate page for each category.
Hope that helps.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Andrew
Good to hear you got installed! Never heard of this issue before… seems the file was corrupting on you somehow… as the file you download is the same as everyone else.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Enrique
This is a server side configuration issue. WordPress is unable to to create directories because the server permissions do not permit it.
Settings the
../ wp-content/uploads/connections-images/folder to 777 could actually be the problem. Some hosts prevent that for security. I do not recommend setting it higher than 767. For a typical WordPress installation it should be 755.Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ wendy
re: What if I didn’t care if anyone can edit somebody else’s entry?
Sorry, but I’m not certain I’m articulating my answers clearly…
In order for an individual to be able to edit their entry, they must be authenticated. The WordPress user login provides that authentication. If that is not in place… anyone and mean anyone, at any time, could edit any entry that they wanted with any content that they wanted.
I’ll try to illustrate my answer with a question or two…
Would you want users able to edit settings in the WordPress admin without a login? What about editing pages without a login? Surely you would want to be authenticated to ensure only you and those you give permissions to make those edits, right? Editing an entry in Connections is no different, the user has to be authenticated which means they have to login.
Sorry, I’m not trying to be difficult, but what you want just is not possible.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ wendy
re: Better yet, let users edit their entry without logging in at all?
Sorry, not possible… then anyone could edit any entry.
re: Is there a way to create a login on the site without using the wordpress login to edit your entry? I don’t want users to view the wordpress login.
Sure, there are many good free plugins that add frontend login features to WordPress. I provide a very basic option here.
http://connections-pro.com/add-on/login/
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ wendy
Actually I will not see the edit link with that login… that is only the password that lets the page be seen to those that know the password. To see the edit link logion to your site:
http://leadershiptriangle.com/wp-login.php
Now visit the page, you should see the edit link.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ wendy
Are you logged in the site when using the iPad? The link will not display is you are not logged in.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Andrew
If you unzipped the file after downloading (some OS configurations do this automatically), you’ll get that error message. Make sure you upload the file as downloaded (zipped).
Hope that helps. Please let me know.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Cole
I did release it a couple hours ago. If your Go to the WordPress Updates admin page and check the Check Again button… it should show up as a new update.
And thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Look forward to it.
-
AuthorPosts
