BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,641 through 7,650 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Change "Show Notes" to something else? #344659
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Demos Demou

    The shortcode would be used on the page where your directory is. You should add the shortcode options to your existing [connections] shortcode, not add a second instance of it.

    That said…

    There is a far easier way to do this now. Go to the Connections : Templates admin page and click the Customize button for cMap. There is an options panel named Strings, you can change these strings there.

    You can also use Say What if you wish. The details can be found on the doc page in the Advanced : Configuring Features : Changing the Label Text section.

    So there is three ways to change the strings in cMap; via shortcode, via Say What and via the Template Customizer. I recommend using the Template Customizer method since it is interactive point and click easy.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Link colors in CMAP #344658
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Antonio

    The link color has to be changed the old fashioned way… add the following to the theme’s custom CSS area to change link colors:

    #cn-cmap .cn-list-row a, 
    #cn-cmap .cn-list-row a:visited, 
    #cn-cmap .cn-list-row-alternate a, 
    #cn-cmap .cn-list-row-alternate a:visited {
        color: green !important;
    }
    

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Recurring Search in Categorical Listing #344470
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster
    in reply to: Recurring Search in Categorical Listing #344453
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    Two things…

    I had to temporarily activate WP Super Cache, set its status to disabled and then deactivate it. I’ve always found that necessary with that plugin otherwise it will never stop serving the cached page if it exists. And since it is not activated, the cached files will never expire or be purged.

    Stupid me. When testing the fix, I let the old code in and when I committed the changes I committed the old code instead of the new code… face palm… any way I fixed it and you are good to go.

    Apologies for the trouble.

    in reply to: Recurring Search in Categorical Listing #344446
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    To clarify… the page ID will only be passed via the URL if you’re using the default permalink structure… which is not ideal for any site really.

    in reply to: Recurring Search in Categorical Listing #344445
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    re: In the shortcode on the Directory page we have “home_id=329″ but you can see if you do a search from there, it does not pick up that ID in the URL.

    This will not be passed via the URL, the form action should be to the permalink for page ID 319.

    Looking at the form action in the page source, it is blank and it should not be.

    I tested again and it does work… can I have a temp admin login so I can take a closer look?

    in reply to: How to remove this space? #344426
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Edward

    No problem!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: How to remove this space? #344424
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Edward

    The margin is being added by the theme… you should be able to override this with adding some CSS to the theme’s custom CSS area. This should work:

    #cn-cmap .cn-notes p {
      margin-bottom: 0;
    }
    

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: Cmap Directory not dispaying on pages 2-10 #344409
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Melinda

    Remove the index.php from the permalink structure. Connections is not compatible with it. The bonus is that you’ll also have better SEO permalinks.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: "Agree to Terms" check box #344408
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    I added this to my feature request list.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,641 through 7,650 (of 15,332 total)