BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,501 through 7,510 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Role Capabilities not working #346647
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Vikram

    re: Are you saying that by purchasing and using the Link extension, I can give add and edit capabilities WITHOUT also giving manage capabilities?

    Yes, this is exactly what I’m saying. Hope that helps!

    in reply to: listing owner edit possible #346646
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ micah

    Yes, but you would need the Link extension in order to add that feature. Also, optionally, you might want the Form extension too so your users can update their entries from the frontend rather than their admin profile page.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Widget vs. cMap #346458
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ katy

    re: I changed the color of the border in the Style section and saved it, it’s not showing up on the page…Any idea why? I forced a refresh…

    That is because you have the Profile Entry Card template activated. Go to the Connections : Templates admin page and activate the Default Entry Card template.

    PS. The Profile Entry Card template has not been updated to use the Template Customizer.

    in reply to: Widget vs. cMap #346456
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ katy

    re: I can set up a User on my site. Shall I use your helpdesk@ email?

    Yes, that’ll work.

    in reply to: Widget vs. cMap #346454
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ katy

    re: I changed the color of the border in the Style section and saved it, it’s not showing up on the page…Any idea why? I forced a refresh…

    If you are using a page caching plugin or have a server page cache enabled, be sure to clear those. If that is not it, it is not really possible to know without being able to see the site. If you can share a link, I’ll take a look.

    in reply to: Authored Plugin #346446
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ LM

    Alright, I released the update which fixes this bug. There is a new set for configuring it, following this link for the details:

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/authored/#Configuration

    Apologies for the trouble! Hope this helps!

    in reply to: Search compatible with google search tools #346438
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dwight

    re: And I’m not sure where this command you gave is supposed to go.

    In the the Google search.

    re: I’m asking, if one does a google search on a WordPress site that has Connections cMap installed, will this search find contact and bio information entered in Connections?

    Yes, Google will crawl and index the info in Connections as long as your directory is publically visible and there are publically available links to it on your site. If you can not navigate to it, Google can not see it. After Google crawls and indexes your site, the directory entries will be returned as search as results if Google decides those pages are relevant to the search.

    re: Also, is there a way to do this search using a search field on the site itself

    If you are asking about the core WordPress search field… no, The wordpress search is for its post and pages. Connections info can not be returned in those results. This is why templates come with their own search. This is not a Connections limitation… it is why many plugins offer their own search.

    re: if there are commands I need to use, please give instructions on where/how to enter these, or a link to this info.

    No commands or anything to do. The command I gave you in my previous reply was only to tell Google to limit a search to a specific site for specific keywords which is what I thought you were asking. Google has many such commands. I’d recommend looking them up as they are quite useful even though they do not seem relevant to your questions.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Widget vs. cMap #346434
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ katy

    The border color can be changed in both the free Default Entry Card template and the cMap template. To do this go Connections : Templates admin page and the Customize button for either template. Navigate to the Style customizer panel. There is an option to set the border color. After changing it to your desired color, click the Save and Publish button.

    The widgets in the Widget Pack do not have borders so there is no border color to change, For the most part they will inherit the styles that the theme applies to widgets.

    Hope that answers your questions thoroughly.

    in reply to: Shortcodes #346431
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    Well, the shortcode you have is very close, try this:

    [connections category='3' show_empty_categories=TRUE show_category_count=TRUE enable_category_by_root_parent=true]

    This will permit only cat ID 3 and its children to display as options.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Can't access customization for cMap #346427
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Christelle

    Thanks for letting me know the plugin… odd the theme would recommend a plugin which has not been updated in over 2 years and most reviews saying it doesn’t work anymore :/

    I like the idea of the plugin, but there is so much potential for breakage. My guess is one of the links required for the Template Customizer is broken by the Root Relative.

    I’ll add this to my plugin conflicts section is the FAQ/s.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,501 through 7,510 (of 15,332 total)