BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,511 through 7,520 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Password Protected Membership Database #346426
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dedra

    re: I am successful at logging in, although sometimes it makes me enter a math problem and takes me through a weird login loop which some people might find confusing.

    Well, the Login extension does not have that feature… since the Login extension is simply rendering the core WordPress login form, there’s another plugin that you have installed that is added the math problem.

    re: First of all, the default “not logged in” message does not show up when a user is not logged in.

    Go to the Connections : Settings admin page and enable the Login Required option.

    Put the Login shortcode in the Login Required Message

    re: Also, is there a way to prevent users from editing the profile?

    Make sure that share user role that you assigned to the shared user does not have the add/edit capabilities on the Connections : Roles admin page.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Shortcodes #346420
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Mike

    What is the exact shortcode you are using? Which categories, by ID should be displayed as options?

    in reply to: Authored Plugin #346387
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ LM

    Sorry, this is a bug. I release an update which fixes this tomorrow.

    in reply to: Slim Plus condensed #346386
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Colleen

    Glad to help!

    If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: ERROR: Template not found for EXCERPT Template #346385
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ted

    re: the version available to me via the downloads section with my current license is 1.0.1

    The current version available to you from your purchase history is 3.0.1. The current version is the only version that can be downloaded, not past versions.

    re: So, following your note, I went to delete the old excerpt template from wp-content/plugins/connections/templates/excerpt and then it stopped working again. Same error appeared. So I copied it back again and now it works OK.

    I very strongly recommend you do not put the template in this folder. One, it’ll be deleted by WordPress during a plugin upgrade. Two, that is a very old version of the template. I suggest downloading and installing the current version.

    If you really wish to use the older version, it must be put in this path:

    ../wp-content/connections_templates/excerpt/

    That is the only way it will not be deleted during a plugin upgrade by WordPress. The path may look similar, but there are very different.

    in reply to: Working categories into my site navigation #346378
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Troy

    Yep, still using it. I think the basic logic of it is the same… one of the first and major changes I made was made was to use it to extend my base cnEntry class so I could work with the entry data directly. I also base64 encoded the image/logo right in the file rather than having a link to the image. I’m sure there has been many other little changes I’ve done over the years too… those add up.

    in reply to: ERROR: Template not found for EXCERPT Template #346377
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Ted

    re: So I copied it to the plugins template folder.

    The Excerpt template would not exist in this folder… I strongly recommend undoing this. Putting older templates into this folder could potentially cause you troubles.

    re: bout about 2 years ago

    That would be version 1.0 of that template, I think. The folder would have been in this path:

    ../wp-content/connections_templates/excerpt/

    Rather than trying to find the old version of the template, download a copy from your purchase history. Make sure to read the template installation instructions as the method to install a template has changed quite some time ago.

    After you install the template, make sure to add the support license key to the Connections : Settings admin page under the Licenses tab so you will receive any updates I release. This support license key can be found on the purchase history page too.

    Lastly, the Excerpt template has been retired. It will receive only bug fixes/security fixes as needed for the next year. You can upgrade to the Excerpt Plus template from your purchase history page too. This is completely optional but I wanted to give you the heads up.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Slim Plus condensed #346375
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Colleen

    The issue is being caused by a fatal javascript error introduced by the theme. When a fatal javascript error happens, all scripts after that error will not run. This is breaking Connections and well as a few other plugins on your site.

    You can view this error yourself by loading the page in Chrome, hitting the F12 key and then clicking the Console tab. The error Uncaught TypeError: $(...).doubleTapToGo is not a function is coming from the theme in the global.js file on line 45.

    There’s not really anything I can do about this error… The dev of the theme has a support page, they should be able to fix the bug in the theme.

    I hope this helps! Let me know.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    re: Can I simply use a plugin such as “Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin” if I can’t use a custom development solution?

    Honestly do not know… maybe if that plugin also passes the URL query vars to the page being redirected to. The important query var that would need to be passed unaltered is cn-cat=x (from the URL).

    re: In fact, where exactly (what file) would you place “form action” code shown in your Google search query link?

    You would not place it in any existing file. Ideally a new plugin would be created that would add the necessary javascript to the page footer to change the form action based on the selected category.

    I just now thought of a non-javascript method to do this too. You would hook into the template_redirect WordPress action, check for the cn-cat query var and then do a redirect to the correct page ID.

    Either way, a plugin need to be created do this… well, technically you do not need a plugin, but it is one of the better ways. If I were to do this as a custom job I would use the Code Snippets plugin instead.

    re: How might I get a custom development solution for my form action and at what cost?

    Please contact me using the Contact link at the bottom of the page. I will be able to provide you with a quote and timing based on the scope of work discussed in this thread.

    in reply to: Working categories into my site navigation #346363
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Troy

    Hey, hi there!

    re: Should I use custom CSS to hide it?

    Nope… you have two options. It seems like you can disable it globally since you are creating category specific pages. You can do this with the Template Customizer. Here’s how…

    Go to the Connections : Templates admin page

    Click the Customize button for cMap.

    Navigate to the Category Select panel. The Template Customizer will open on the Display panel by default, so you’ll need to click the back arrow <.

    Uncheck the Enable Category Filter option.

    Click the Save and Publish button.

    Now the category drop down will be removed globally for the cMap template.

    Option two, you can display it by settings a shortcode option. The instructions can be found here:

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/cmap/#Category_Dropdown

    Hope that helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,511 through 7,520 (of 15,332 total)