Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Richard
- http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/TPcZl/http://livetheup.com/
- https://gtmetrix.com/reports/livetheup.com/bfEkIoJ4
Well, looking at the page load requests and the times for each request there is one request that takes 16+ seconds to respond:
http://livetheup.com/?headway-trigger=compiler&file=general&layout-in-use=index&rand=1399919414
There is another one that takes 1+ seconds to respond:
http://livetheup.com/?headway-trigger=compiler&file=layout-index&layout-in-use=index&rand=1723172460
These two request seem to account for 18+ seconds of the page load time of the site.
My best guess these requests are being created by the theme. I do not see how Connections would have an impact on these requests. Looking at the Connections related requests, they are in line with all the other requests on the pages. These requests from the theme seems to be the CSS. I’m not sure why the theme would do this because loading the CSS this way makes W3TC almost of no use since it appears these are being created on each page request (very bad for performance). It is possible the theme is simply pulling these from from the db and not creating them on page load. Even still, that is not the quickest way to load the CSS files.
Like I said, not sure Connections could have an impact on these two requests, but if you can give me a temp admin account and an FTP login, I’ll take a look to make sure there is not some edge case bug causing bad page load times for you.
09/16/2015 at 12:22 pm in reply to: Give Connections Import CSV the option to edit existing data #346947Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dwight
I imported this as is a few times and I was not able to duplicate the duplicate category issue. I will be releasing an update to both Connections and CSV Import on Friday with some minor tweaks I made while testing your CSV file. I doubt it’ll fix the issue for you, but it is worth a try.
The only suggestion I have for the duplicate category imports, before you import again, edit the categories that were being duplicated, delete the entire name and manually type them back in and save.
Hope this helps the issue you are experiencing!
09/16/2015 at 10:31 am in reply to: Give Connections Import CSV the option to edit existing data #346936Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dwight
I haven’t tried importing this yet to see if I could duplicate the issue because after looking at the file I see issues… I open the file in LibreOffice Calc setting the import to use Tabs as the field delimiter.
I see, what appears to be random XML and HTML tags in many of the fields. It is possible the CSV parser is having trouble with this. My first suggestion would to be to cleanup the CSV file. After you do, I’d love a copy of the cleaned up file.
In regards to the field enclosed by option, that is only important if you are using a comma or semicolon for the field separator.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Stephan
Great to hear you located the issue!
I you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ reyes
Ok, I have the redirects setup, I’ll write a how to and post it on this site. This will include the instructions on how to update the code snippet to add/remove redirects. I also sent the invoice. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MV Times
re: But, it switches templates from market to slim plus . . .
I find that interesting.Adding the shortcode option does not affect template used… best guess without being able to see anything…
You have the Slim Plus template activated and not Market on the Connections : Template admin page. And you had this as the shortcode,
[connections template=market]and when you added the lock option the shortcode was changed to[connections lock=true]. I suggest activating Market on the Connections : Templates admin page or using this shortcode in the Text widget[connections template=market lock=true]. The former should be the preferred method.Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dirk
Sorry, is there a question or something I can address???
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MV Times
re: Is this a known issue? Is there a work-around?
This isn’t a bug or anything like that… the template wasn’t really designed to be used in a widget. That said, I think you can work around this… I assume you are using the shortcode in a Text widget, yes In the text widget, add the lock shortcode option to the shortcode.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ reyes
re: Can you try Cat ID 3 redirect to Page Id 2904?
Yep. The redirect is set up.
re: I am currently generating the list of Cat Ids and Page Ids I need redirected. I need a little more time to get this list to you. This ok?
Sure, but send them to me all at once. More efficient that way :)
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ reyes
re: Have you tried getting to my website through WP Admin?
This is where I’ve been trying from… the View link on the Pages admin page. It’s working now so all is good.
Ok, I have the a basic redirect setup… If you select the Academia option from the drop down on the main directory page, the page will redirect to the Academia page. Choosing any other category from the drop down, it stays on the main directory page filtering the results by the selected category.
This is what you wanted, right?
-
AuthorPosts
