BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,481 through 7,490 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    hmmm… I still get redirected to Instapage. Perhaps it is aDNS settings that needs to propagate… I’ll give it some time.

    in reply to: Can't access customization for cMap #346832
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Tiff

    It odd you would see that error because that relates to the Widget Customizer which is part of core WordPress, not Connections. Nothing in Connections or any of its extensions even hook into this part of WordPress.

    The first error makes mention of arg 1 is not an array… since you’ve already deactivated all but Connections related plugins it is possible that the theme itself is the root cause of the error being generated. I’m assuming the theme does come with many widgets, most seem to? If the theme is incorrectly hooking into the Widget Customizer. It is very possible to incorrectly hook into it and still work correctly with it is accessed directly because of the possibility the theme author did not take into account the Customizer being loaded outside of the core WordPress Customizer features.

    In short, any error, even the one you see can cause the Customizer to fail to load correctly.

    It is still possible some weird edge case bug in Connections is the cause, even if unlikely, but the only I could determine this is if I am given a temp admin account and FTP access for debugging. I you will give me this access, I will take a look.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    re: I am guessing you are being redirected to my Instapage landing page when you type in my URL. Correct? If so, I have turned that off now.

    Correct… but it does not seem to be deactivated. I am still being redirected to the Instapage.

    re: Also, How do I pay you? I need the payee email address to pay you from my Paypal account.

    I’ll send you a PayPal invoice when I’m done with the initial test snippet to ensure we’re both on the same page in regards to the desired functionality.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dwight

    re: If an entry has one category, all works perfectly. But if an entry has multiple categories (separated by a comma), Import CSV does not check to see if those categories already exist; they are added each time, creating duplicates. I had over 1000 duplicates, which were easy to delete by clicking the first, shift-clicking the last, then bulk delete, no problem.

    Can I get a copy of the CSV that you imported that made duplicates? The only time I’ve ever encountered this before is when the preexisting category, the one that was duplicated, had a weird nearly invisible UTF8 accent (or something). After I corrected the name, there were no more duplicates created on import. This was just once and seemed to be such an edge case I have not investigated it further.

    re: Missing Categories in the “Select Category” select box. Nested categories are only shown for the first and second levels. Categories 3 or more deep are not shown.

    The default is to display all categories regardless of the hierarchy depth. What is the exact shortcode you are using? Was the template altered in any way?

    in reply to: French Translation #346818
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Stephan

    Well, I’m stumped! It works perfectly for me… go figure. Can I get a temp admin account so I can take a look?

    in reply to: French Translation #346814
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Stephan

    Did you delete the from the ../wp-content/languages/connections/ folder?

    Can you check to make sure the connections-fr_FR.mo is in the ../wp-content/plugins/connections/languages/ folder?

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dwight

    re: One thing–currently, category hierarchy can’t be imported.

    This is on my todo list.

    re: editing existing data using CSV import

    This is possible already. Add an Entry ID column to your CSV. Enter the entry ID found on the Connections : Manage page for each entry you wish to update. The CSV Import will now overwrite the existing data with the data in the CSV file. This will not effect the category associations.

    re: re-arranging categories before the import, then restoring them back after.

    This is not necessary either. Before a category is added, a check is done to see if it exists. If it does the existing category is used and not recreated. The hierarchy does not matter and will not be affected.

    Hope that helps.

    in reply to: French Translation #346781
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Stephan

    re: I thought that it was necessary to create the directory wp-content/languages/connections and to place those files( connections-fr_FR.mo and .po files )coming from Connections/languages in it ?

    No, you only do this if you are using your own custom translation and not the one that is supplied with Connections.

    Since Connections does not come with PO files because translations are managed on Transifex, I do not know where those files came from that you are using… perhaps they are empty which would explain why the admin page are in English.

    My suggestion… Deactivate and delete Connections and reinstall and activate it. Any data you have add to Connections will be safe. Also delete the files in the ..wp-content/languages/connections/ folder so they are not used. They will override the files that come with Connections if they are there.

    The will restore Connections to it original state.

    Hope that helps.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    What the trick to view the pages on the site without them being redirected to your landing page? I’m guessing you might have an IP address filter???

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ reyes

    re: Will the categories on the main directory page that are not redirected still have the results filtered on the current main directory page by the selected category? Not all categories will need to be redirected to a new page.

    What I have in mind is is if cat ID n is being requested, then redirect to page ID n. So if cat ID n is not one of the “if’s” then it will not be redirected. So yes, categories not being redirected will still be filtered on the current main directory.

    re: Please let me know if you need anything else.

    I need the list of category ID/s that you want redirected and which page ID/s they should be redirected to.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,481 through 7,490 (of 15,332 total)