Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Richard
The FTP login needs to have access to the
wp-contentfolder. This login does not seem to have that. Could you fix that?09/16/2015 at 3:48 pm in reply to: Give Connections Import CSV the option to edit existing data #346992Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Dwight
re: can give me 1 or 2 examples of the types of tags you think might be causing a problem
HTML in the bio/notes is fine… the tags I’m talking about can be found on line 50 of the CSV in the last name column. Here’s an example
Yost</lastname><firstname>Richard</firstname><middlename>A.</middlename><title>Gibson Professor</title><building>CLB</building><room>210A</room><phone>352-392-0557</phone><email>ryost@chem.ufl.edu</email><areas>faculty</areas><areas>analytical</areas><areas>bioanalytical</areas><areas>research</areas><division>Analytical</division><photo>yost</photo><fax>352-392-4651</fax><webpage>https://yost.chem.ufl.edu/</webpage><education>B.S., University of Arizona, 1974<br/>Ph.D., Michigan State, 1979</education><keywords>Analytical mass spectrometry</keywords><paragraph>Research in our group centers around three aspects of analytical mass spectrometry and related techniques: instrumentation, fundamentals, and applications. Instrumentation development includes projects in tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) and ion mobility, including the development of the first laser microprobe MS/MS system able to image trace levels of drugs and biomolecules in tissue specimens. Fundamental studies in our group employ both experiment and computer modeling/simulation to explore such issues as ion motion and ion-molecule interactions in high-field ion mobility. Applications of the techniques developed in our group include a wide range of studies in clinical, pharmacological, biotechnological, environmental, and forensic analysis.</paragraph></entry><!-- BEGIN EMERITUS FACULTY LISTING --><entry><lastname>BreyAll of this is in the last name field of that row. Others like this are scatter randomly throughout the file.
re: Are you saying to delete the category name, save, then edit the blank category and re-enter the name, or just delete/retype/save as one operation?
Do this as a single operation, only save once. Not sure if I ever tested saving an empty category name, not sure what would happen… just tested… I throw a user error telling them they need a name :) I must have been smarter that day.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ wendy
Sorry, but a feature like this is out of scope for Connections. There are many other plugins available that enable these types of restrictions. Here’s a link to a Google search for your convienence:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpress+plugin+prevent+right+click+copy
just an fyi… these solutions only provide the appearance of protection. I can get around these in literally about 3 seconds. Generally if you can view the page in a browser, it can be copied. There are exceptions to the rule with items embedded in the page, for example Netflix streams, but I think you get the idea.
That said… these options will prevent most of your users.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MV Times
re: That page also lacks the header/entry name.
I’m thinking you might have overlooked it… the entry name is “100 Park at Wyomissing Square” and it is in the screenshot.
re: Can you send me the css selector/class for that, so I can track it down in dev tools?
The selector cmap uses:
#cn-cmap h3… now, that does not by any means indicate that the rule hiding it is using this selector. Use the dev tools to locate the h3 with the name, click it, and the inspector will display all the rules affecting it. You may have to go further by selecting the span within the h3 to see if any CSS rules are hiding theorg fn notranslateclasses.Steven Zahm
KeymasterDuplicate, closing.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Kayla
re: The alphabetic sort should be horizontal
This is very likely being caused by the theme and is not a bug in Connections. Please see this FAQ. Try using the method suggested in the yellow tinted box.
re: each company listed should have a image under their name.
Make sure the template is configured to display the logo. Do this by going the Connections : Templates admin page. Click the Customize button for the Default Entry Card template. After the Template Customizer loads, navigate to the Image panel and select the Logo image type. (Note: I’m assuming that you uploaded the images as logos.)
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ Enrique
Depends on how the site user/user groups are defined. From some casual Google searches it seems that it’s common to have all wordpress files in your web accessible space with apache user and group set as their owner. BUt, like I said, I am not a server admin and this is a little beyond my expertise.
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ derrick
re: What is the general process to update connections without losing the data
The recommended way to update is to click the “update now” link on the Plugins admin page. It is always recommended to backup your site before doing updates, any updates. My preferred plugin is BackupBuddy. There are also many freely available plugins for backing up your site.
updating cMap
To update cMap, you’ll need to renew your support license key. To do this, you need to go to your purchase history page, click the “View License” link and then click the “renew now*” link. After you renew you can download the current version. After you’ve downloaded it, deactivate the old version, delete it and then install the new version. Installation instructions can be found on this page.
Hope that helps!
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MV Times
Was it an incorrect shortcode? Good to hear that fixed the issue!
If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!
https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections
Steven Zahm
Keymaster@ MV Times
There must be a CSS rule that is hiding the entry name. It should be displayed to the left of the image placeholder as shown in this demo link.
http://connections-pro.com/demo/template/cmap/name/100-park-at-wyomissing-square/
Sorry, without a link so I can see the page other than a CSS rule hiding it, I have no other solutions to give you. View the page source, I’m sure the entry name is there… let me know if it is not.
-
AuthorPosts
