BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,451 through 7,460 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Images not appearing/formatting off #347151
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kayla

    No problem! If you have a moment, I would truly appreciate a review as they really do make a difference. Many thanks in advance!

    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/connections

    in reply to: No Image Available #347147
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Dedra

    You had fancy-quotes in the shortcode. The WordPress shortcode parser only supports straight quotes. You like got them from copy/pasting from a webpage rather than manually typing them in. Here’s your shortcode corrected.

    [connections category='3' template='cmap' page_limit=10 pagination_position=both show_empty_categories=false enable_bio=true str_bio_head='' str_bio_show='Show Company Info' str_bio_hide='Hide Company Info' enable_category_by_root_parent=true image_width=175 str_cell_phone='Phone' str_work_phone='Phone' str_work_addr='' str_work_email='Email' width=500 tray_image='logo' single=false order_by=organization background_color='#E3E3E3' background_gradient=TRUE]
    

    To remove the fallback image placeholder you can use the tray_image_fallback shortcode option by adding tray_image_fallback='none' to your shortcode.

    I see that you’ve updated to cMap 5.0…

    You can remove nearly all those shortcode options and customize it by using the new Template Customizer. Go to the Connections : Template admin page and click the cMap Customize button.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Location of cn-entry-actions & View Profile #347146
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    **re: I am trying to location the code that generates the “Add to Address Book” and “Go back to directory” link on a “single card” page? **

    You can unhook the actions that call the above functions and then hook your own custom code to replace them. This will provide you with a relatively update safe way of changing these. Here is where the hooks are added:

    re: trouble finding the code that generates the “View Profile” link in the Gridder display.

    It is in this file:

    ../wp-content/plugins/connections-gridder/card.php

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Images not appearing/formatting off #347112
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Kayla

    re: I still have an issue with the letter menu at the top of the page showing vertically instead of horizontally. Can you please advise how to fix?

    Did you enable the option I suggested in my previous reply? This FAQ, yellow tinted box.

    Extra br tags are being added which is why they appear vertical.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    I’m going to reply here rather than the email so there is record for me to refer in the future.

    I installed Headway on my dev site and did not see the increase in page load times you were experiencing. So Was pretty certain at that point that there was no conflict between the theme and Connections…

    Looking at the Headway settings, the Asset Caching and Dependency Query Variables were disabled. The the gzip Compression was enabled. This is fine but there was also a plugin, GZip Ninja Speed Compression, was installed. These basically do the same thing and I suspect was “clashing”. I deactivated the plugin.

    This provided an improvement, be only very slight. Moving on…

    I suspected that maybe the caching plugin that was installed might be conflicting with the asset caching provided by the theme, I deactivated it. There was really no improvement. I left it deactivated because the settings were not optimal and I think they were slowing down the site.

    Moving on again…

    I inspected the wp-config.php… Here I noticed a few issues.

    • WP_DEBUG was set to true, the prevents Headway from caching its assets.
    • CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS was set to false. It is very highly recommended this not be set as it can slow down the admin. It should only be set if there are admin javascript issues.

    With these corrected, you now have about 2 second page load times… and this is without using a cache plugin. I recommend that you not use the ones you have installed. W3TC is great, but really requires it to be tuned to the server to be of benefit. Maybe it is just me, but I never did have much luck with WP Super Cache on Bluehost.

    Now, why did simply activating Connections with none of these fixes in place cause big slow downs… duno. For some reason Headway took forever under this configuration to generate its CSS files. Maybe it was just the straw that broke the camel’s back???

    Hope this helps!

    in reply to: CMAP Entry Title Missing #347015
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ MV Times

    re: And it appears that the “display=none;” is inside the span. — Would this not indicate that it is in the Template?

    This does not exist in the template or the code the generate the name span. Something else is adding it. Try turning off javascript in the browser to see if something else is adding it.

    in reply to: How do you disable display of a person's suffix? #347014
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Russell

    Check out this:

    http://connections-pro.com/documentation/gridder/#Miscellaneous

    The name_format option is what you are looking for. Hope that helps!

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    Uhm… did you just do something… the site is now throwing 404/s for all pages.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    Sorry, still no good.

    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Richard

    By default when you create a new FTP user/account it will limit the user to their “own” folder. You need to change the folder path so I can have access to your WP files.

Viewing 10 posts - 7,451 through 7,460 (of 15,332 total)