BBPress Steven Zahm : Replies Created

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 7,331 through 7,340 (of 15,332 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ John

    re: once we approve it, that member’s entry will appear automatically in the Excerpt Plus directory?

    Yes.

    re: in the future, the member can log in as a WP site user and, via Link, go in and edit/update his/her directory entry directly?

    Yes. Just one minor point of clarification. The user does not login via Link… the extension actually works silently in the background. Whichever method you use to allow the user to login, that is when Link does its magic.

    Hope that thoroughly answers your questions!

    in reply to: Will Excerpt Plus work with Contact soon, or no? #348815
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ John

    Actually Excerpt Plus is compatible with Contact as long as you set link='true' in the shortcode. This disabled the fade in effect view so when the entry name or read more link is clicked the user will be taken to the single entry profile detail page and if Contact is installed and active, it will display on this page. I updated the Contact product page to reflect this.

    Hope that helps!

    in reply to: Ability to see family on individual record #348809
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lara

    Replied to you here on this feature request I added it to my issue tracker.

    in reply to: Display by member_group #348808
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lara

    re: I think if you can show the people in the family, you should be able to show which family the people belong to.

    Actually since the data is stored as serialized data in the “family” entry record in the db, there is no way to query the db to show which family each individual entry is related to. In order to do the the db schema would have to be changed in order to be able to do this “reverse” lookup.

    I did add this to the feature request lists in my tracker.

    in reply to: Custom Profile order / vCard data #348807
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    re: the character heading that goes with their name. Is there a way to make the character heading match the sort?

    No, my suggestion is to disable the character section headers. I’m aware of this limitation and at present it is a low priority item.

    in reply to: Email addresses not displaying #348806
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lara

    re: Seems strange to disable display of ALL email addresses… but it’s no big deal.

    Users requesting the extension Contact was so they could hide all email addresses but still allow the entry to be contacted. They didn’t want the email addresses to be publically available under any condition. This is why it was developed this way. Personally, my thinking, all that was needed was to set the addresses to unlisted.

    About once a month I get a support request about this… so I’ll likely make this an option somehow at some point.

    in reply to: Problem with Zip-Code and Adress #348707
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Michael

    Please follow these steps, exactly, one by one.

    1. Go to the Connections : Templates admin page and click the Customize button for cMap.
    2. Navigate to the Advanced panel in the Template Customizer.
    3. Click the „Zum Wilden Mann“ – Kulturscheune name link in the Customizer preview so you are viewing only that entries details for „Zum Wilden Mann“ – Kulturscheune.
    4. Now set the address format to %label% %line1% %line2% %line3% %zipcode% %city% %state% %country%
    5. Click the Save and Publish button.
    in reply to: google map function/ locate extention #348659
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ dominic

    yes, this is still in development. I didn’t get as far as I wanted this summer. I’ll have something, even if rather basic released this fall. I want to get the CSV exporting finished before moving on to this full force.

    in reply to: Display by member_group #348654
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Lara

    Well, one issue is that there is no member_group shortcode option. Perhaps that option belongs to another shortcode. I’m assuming you’re trying to use member_group to display a list of individuals within a church (family) assigned a specific title (relationship), correct?

    Another issue… there is not a way to do this using families because of the way the relationships data is saved in the database there is no way to make queries based on them.

    I’ve thought about this for quite a bit, the only way I can think of doing this is by using categories.

    in reply to: Custom Profile order / vCard data #348653
    Steven Zahm
    Keymaster

    @ Cole

    To sort by locality with the order_by shortcode option you need to use the city option, like so:

    [connections str_work_phone="Office Phone" str_work_addr="Street Address" str_other_addr="Mailing Address" category=3 order_by="city|ASC"]

    In older code I used city instead* of locality and the sort option is pretty old. In many places in the old code I have aliased city and locality so they can be used interchangeably but this was never done for the sorting.

    Hope this helps!

Viewing 10 posts - 7,331 through 7,340 (of 15,332 total)